Ch 18- Us

"Sir, Zecharia had already prepared the funeral for Ms. Wang and his son"

I didn't eavesdrop but heard them as I was only a few inches away from the door outside. I haven't heard from Axel, is he really dead? I mean, I shouldn't be asking for that but, I only told him to live like the dead and now I hear this?

Just when confusion finally hits my brain up, my phone vibrates. I keep it on vibrate when i meet woth the boss. Its Axel calling, damn. I knew it. I went out of the building and hid in my safe place.

"Hello" I utter. I waited for a few seconds until a deep voice answers my greeting.

"Hey, is this Damon?" He asks.

"Y-yeah" I stutter a bit, scared that my love might really be gone by now. A few sweats evwn deopped from my head and slid to my cheeks.

"Mr. Axel Wang wanted us to call you the day he died. Saying he wanted to meet you one last time"

"H-How can this be? H-He was okay, he was healthy!" I shout, almost choking my words as I feel my tears overflow my eyes. I sniffle.

"H-hey, why are you crying?" That voice, the voice that gave me comfort.

"Who's this now?" I ask as I sniffle one more time.

"Its me, I was just messing with you earlier. Didn't know you'd actually cry" this jerk even has the guts to laugh.

"Hey, have you heard about mine and mom's funeral yet?" He asks.

"Y-yeah, I have" I replied as I brushed my hair backwards.

"Great. Spades won't be chasing after us then" He said, sounding sad. "I won't be able to meet you then, right?"

"You will. Just tell me where you guys are staying." I assure him.

"Then..." he stops.

"Then what?"

"Look behind you"

I looked back in excitement, hoping to see him there. Though, that would be a miracle 'cause I'm at the Spades headquarters.

And, he was really not there.

"You think I'd be there?" he laughs for a bit, I was ready to yell at him not until someone's arms hugged my waist. He kissed the crook of my neck and nuzzled his nose.

I looked back in excitment, but disappointment flushed throughout my system.

"H-hey, what are you doing here?" I ask my "boyfriend" as I hang up the phone.

"I was just around and wanted to see you"

After he let go of that last word, I glanced at someone behind him. A bit far away, looking at us.

Axel was really there.