pretend; mark

lets pretend that you would do anything for me.

lets pretend that you really care for me.

lets pretend that when you say, " i love you, " you really mean it.

when actually,

the truth is,

everything going on between us

is a lie,

and its all us pretending

to be something that we really aren't.

i don't know what to do anymore-

i just don't know.

-

The girl silently dumped the last of her books into her bag, zipping up the bag, she slung it over her shoulder and was about to leave when a hand grabbed the bag from her.

"Hey babe."

The girl immediately recognised the voice and looked up to see her boyfriend, Mark, smiling sweetly back at her.

Whenever he addressed her by that pet name, 'babe', her face would always turn a shade of red and her heart would start beating a million times a second.

But now, that no longer happened to her.

Of course she loved him, with all her heart. But her heart had broke when she found out the truth just days ago. The truth about why Mark had chose to date her.

She always had a crush on him. Well naturally, all the girls did.

Charismatic, quiet and intelligent. His good-looks were a plus point; charming eyes and messy soft hair, it attracted almost every girl.

She fell head over heels for him once they became table-partners. Though they didn't really talk much, she always stole glances at him during lessons.

And one day when he asked her if she would become his girlfriend, she obviously agreed to it.

soon, they became extremely close, always hanging out with each other and they were also often seen together but lately they became a bit more distant, or maybe it was just her.

Her best friend who also happened to be Mark's best friend, Bambam, recently confessed to her the truth, that Mark didn't love her like she thought he did; or maybe he never even liked her. She was told by Bambam that it was a dare given by him. He dared Mark to be her boyfriend, for an entire year.

She didn't know what made Mark do it, what type of incentive did Bambam use to make him want to be her girlfriend, and for one whole year.

The worse thing was that Bambam refused to tell her what the incentive was because he claimed that Mark was his best friend too so he couldn't expose it.

Tears welled up in her eyes once she thought about it and a reassuring hand landed on her shoulder, snapping her out of her daze.

"You alright?" Mark asked, eyes full of concern.

Nodding her head silently, she blinked back her tears as she grabbed her bag from him, muttering an excuse, before rushing out of the classroom.

She ran, as fast as her legs could carry her, tears streaming freely down her face.