hide and seek; yugyeom

"lets play hide and seek!" jackson suggested cheerfully as bambam clapped his hands together in agreement.

everyone else groaned in distaste but literally, it was so boring that no one would open their mouths to disagree.

"so, we will all be spilt into pairs and one of the pairs will play as the seeker while the rest will have to hide. each pair has to stay together in the same hiding spot and has to move around together." jackson explained, eyes full of excitement as he immediately started pairing everyone up.

"jinyoung and mark, jb and youngjae, me and bambam," jackson read out.

"and that leaves our dear (y/n) with yugyeom." bambam smirked, flashing you an evil grin.

you fell hard for yugyeom once you met him. at first, you denied the feelings as just infatuation for your friend. but as time past and you became closer to him, you realised how his smile impacted you and how whenever his hand brushed your hair away from your eyes or whenever he ruffled your hair, your heart did cartwheels.

you believed it was love, well, one-sided love.

as your bestfriend, bambam got to know about your crush on yugyeom and despite being your "best friend", he often liked to tease you about it.

"get going love birds, go hide." bambam giggled as he blew you a kiss.

rolling your eyes, you stalked off, only to get pulled back.

"you just broke the rules, not sticking to your partner!" jackson scolded, pushing yugyeom towards you.

"lets quickly go before they hold us back again." yugyeom said, amusement filled his voice as he placed a hand on your lower back, guiding you to where he thought was a good hiding place.

the wardrobes.

"what?" you whispered, a blush creeping up your face.

he was like 90% legs.

if both of you squeezed in together, you couldn't imagine what will happen.

but hearing the shouting and screaming of the other boys, you relented and both of you went into the dark wardrobe.

closing the door with a thud, yugyeom struggled to find a position comfortable to wait in.

while you easily managed to hug your legs to your chest as you were pretty small.

you tried your best to squeeze to the corner to give him more space.

"uh yugyeom, you can move in a bit." you mumbled.

"thanks." you heard him say as he scooted closer to you.

you coughed to cover up your urge to scream.

too close.

you were too close to him.

you could smell his faint honeysuckle scent which always made you go crazy.

you were lucky that the dark wardrobe disallowed your red cheeks from being seen.

"(y/n)? are you okay? we can always find another hiding place if you feel too claustrophobic here." he asked in a concerned tone.

your heart went out to him, he was so sweet and caring; one of the few reasons why you fell for him.

"i'm fine." you reassured him as you flashed him a smile you were quite sure he couldn't see.

"okay then." he trailed off as an awkward silence enveloped both of you.

"do you like bambam?" yugyeom suddenly asked.

"i mean he's my best friend, so i love him, but as a friend." you replied, unsure of where the conversation was leading to.

"really? i mean you guys are too close to be just friends right?" he questioned, and you could imagine the skeptical look on his face.

"what- he's just my best friend, nothing more than that. besides i have a crush on someone else." you gushed unknowingly.

"wait what? who do you like?" yugyeom asked, all thoughts about bambam immediately vanished.

"its a secret." you smiled.

"how about this, you tell me your crush and then i will tell you mine." he said, a playful grin playing on his lips.

you felt your heart crack.

you obviously knew he would have a crush, there were so many girls in school who simply loved him.

despite how disappointed you knew you were going to feel when he told you his crush, you were still curious on who the lucky girl was.

there was 0.1% on it being you, so why not try.

but that also meant you were going to expose your crush,

which was him.

and it will probably ruin your friendship.

but what's life without a little risk huh?

"okay." you agreed firmly, though you were actually shaking.

"so we will say our crushes names at the same time in," yugyeom continued.

"3,"

"2,"

cheers to exposing your long time secret.

"1."

"you."

"you."

you choked so badly on your own saliva that yugyeom had to help pat your back.

"i mean i didn't know you- you- liked me?" you mumbled, trying to regain your conscience.

before he could reply, the doors of the wardrobe flew open and your eyes took time to register the people outside.

you realised everyone was seated cross-legged outside the wardrobe and bambam was standing in front of you triumphantly.

"took you both long enough." he smirked.

"were all of you eavesdropping on our conversation the whole time?" yugyeom questioned as he glared at his hyungs.

"you guys were talking so loud that we couldn't help but listen in on some of the tea." jackson laughed.

the rest of them nodded as they flashed both of you sly grins.

"wait, are you saying that you knew yugyeom liked me?" you pointed an accusing finger at your "best friend".

"obviously. i just wanted both of you to tell each other." he admitted smugly.

"lets go." yugyeom whispered to you as he grabbed your hand in his and led you out of the room.

all you heard after that was the catcalls and screams of the other boys.