night walks; mark

your rubbed your face sleepily, the ringing of your phone awakening you up from your peaceful slumber.

"hello?" you questioned groggily, putting the phone to your ear.

"hey.." a soothing voice replied on the line, immediately making you jerk awake.

"oh hi mark." you chuckled dryly, clearing your throat to remove all the hoarseness in your voice.

"i'm outside your house, do you want to.. take a walk with me?" mark asked hesitantly.

you were about to question why he wanted to take a walk in the middle of the night but you settled on just replying casually,

"yea, of course." you replied before hanging up abruptly, jumping off the bed as you rushed to your dressing table.

applying a thin layer of lip balm, you ran your hand through your hair quickly, admiring yourself in the mirror.

"i hope i look okay." you muttered worriedly to yourself as you rubbed on some moisturizer.

slipping your feet into a pair of worn-out slippers, you exited your house.

"hey.." you greeted mark shyly.

"you're still up at this hour?" he asked, his lips curling into a smile.

"well.. no, i was sleeping." you lied, suddenly feeling the cold breeze hit you as you wrapped your own arms around yourself.

darn yourself for only wearing a pair of sweatpants and a thin sweater.

"you sleep with lip balm on?" he questioned playfully, bending down as he wiped your lower lip with the tip of his finger.

"i mean- i mean-" you stuttered, unsure of how to defend your own statement.

"i'm just playing with you. i saw your lights flicker on right after i called you." mark chuckled.

you looked up at him with a relieved yet embarrassed smile.

but confusion took over you as he moved closer towards you, taking off his jacket and wrapping it around you gently.

"you seemed cold." mark explained, ruffling your hair as he smiled brightly at you.

"thanks.." you smiled, embracing the warmth of the jacket.

"lets go for our walk now, shall we?" mark asked, raising out his hand to you.

slipping your cold hand into his warmer one, both of you walked down the quiet street in a comfortable silence.

"how's school?" mark asked, as he turned to look at you.

"its fine, except for the amount of homework of course." you replied.

mark simply chuckled at your response, giving your hand a light squeeze.

in technical terms, mark was your boyfriend, but both of you only started dating two weeks ago.

you knew him for a month, but it was just as friends.

being new to the relationship, you got extremely shy often and weren't sure how to start conversations with him.

you looked around in awe.

mark had led you to a beautiful water fountain, with small flowers decorating the surroundings nicely.

you stayed so near, yet you had never visited this place before.

as if sensing your confusion to why he brought you here, mark replied, "i wanted our first kiss to be at somewhere beautiful and unforgettable."

"what-" before you could finish your sentence, mark leaned in closer, his face merely inches apart from yours.

plucking up your courage, you made the first move, closing the gap between the both of you.

you could feel his lips moving against yours in perfect synchronisation.

his hand dropped to your lower back, supporting you as he tilted his head to deepen the passionate kiss.

he made the effort to be gentle, yet loving.

it felt like centuries before you broke apart, gasping for air.

"how was that?" mark asked, his warm breath tingling your ear.

"it was great." you whispered back, immediately feeling like the happiest girl on the planet.

he wrapped his arms around you, and both of you stood there, enjoying the warmth and company of each other.