woods; mark

"why did i agree to this?" you mumbled in exasperation to yourself.

you and the boys had agreed to go on a camping trip, but this wasn't in the itinerary sheet.

out of the blue, they had pushed you into this mess of dark trees saying that all of you had to find the way out of the "maze" by yourself.

since young, you were terrified of the dark, often leaving the lights on when you went to sleep.

but you had an even worse phobia of SNAKES, and the forest is exactly somewhere you would find them.

now, you were enveloped in total darkness, as you extended your hand out to feel for anything you were going to bump into.

"this is so stupid." you sighed.

everytime you heard leaves rustle, you would immediately start shrieking and turn into a panic  mess.

"help me, i hate this." you complained, looking around in some hope for a source of light.

phone flashlights would come in handy but sadly, yours had long died.

"i really hate th-" your words got cut off as you broke into an ear-piercing scream, tripping over a stray branch on the ground and falling to the ground with a loud thud.

groaning in pain, you cursed under your breath at yourself for being so clumsy.

wiping off the dirt on your knees, you realised that your left knee was totally screwed up.

you wrinkled your nose in disgust as you stared at the bloody mess which made up your knee.

although it was dark, you could still make out the oozy dark liquid as blood.

it didn't even seem like a scrap of the knee, it looked like you got stabbed.

despite the unbearable pain, you grabbed onto a nearby tree for support as you pushed yourself up.

the injury made you want to get out of this horrid place even faster.

you thought your mind was playing tricks on you.

did you just see the pile of leaves in front of you move?

fear taking over you, you broke into cold sweat and started shrieking madly.

stumbling backwards,

you hit something or more like someone behind you.

you were too scared to look behind.

if you ever got out alive, you were going to kill those 7 boys for making you come here.

due to your sweaty palms, you lost your grip on the tree and almost slipped, letting out yet another scream as you felt gravity pull you down.

but before you could reach the floor, a pair of warm arms grabbed onto you and prevented you from falling.

that cologne..

"(y/n)? are you alright?" mark questioned as he turned you around to face him, scanning you up and down.

"omg mark." you didn't care that the boy standing before you was your crush, you just wrapped your arms around him and buried your head in his chest, glad to have another human being around.

you were too frightened to think straight.

chuckling, mark wrapped his arms around your small frame as he asked, "are you scared?"

"yes." you mumbled timidly.

suddenly, the stinging from your knee came back and hit you like an electric shock. you screeched, detaching yourself from mark and falling onto the ground again.