rejection; jinyoung

she straightens her hair, puts on her eyeliner, glosses her lips, and takes one last look at the mirror, all for the boy who would never care.

-

you strolled through the hallway, your lips curling into a smile at the sight of your best friend; or more like your crush.

"jinyoung!" you greeted cheerfully, slapping him playfully on his arm.

but you realised he wasn't alone.

there was a girl, that you hadn't noticed before, standing next to him.

"oh hey (y/n)." he smiled sweetly at you, his eyes crinkling slightly.

you loved it when he did that.

"uh- jinyoung? who's this?" the girl next to him spoke, as she tugged on his arm.

"ah- yuna, this is (y/n), " jinyoung introduced, before turning to you, "and (y/n), this is yuna, my girlfriend."

you felt your heart sink.

you had a crush on him for the longest time ever.

you ignored the bright smiles the girl, yuna, flashed you.

you ignored the worried glances from jinyoung.

you stood there, rooted to the spot.

he meant everything to you, yet to him, you were only his best friend.

you felt as if your world was crumbling down into pieces and there was nothing you could do to prevent it from happening.

you felt hot tears prick your eyes as you clutched your head in pain.

whenever you were in a nerve-wrecking situation, or against something you were afraid to face, your head would start pounding rapidly.

and jinyoung knew that pretty well, considering how many years he had known you for.

"(y/n)! can you hear me?" he shouted, immediately attracting the attention of other students in the hallway.

it was as if your mind had shut everything out, all you could hear was the consistent ringing in your ears.

you came back to your senses when a pair of steady arms shook your shoulders.

"are you okay?" jinyoung asked, his eyes filled with concern as he pulled you in for a hug.

you leaned in, but when your eyes fell on the girl who was standing behind him, you flinched away from his touch immediately.

you knew it wasn't right for you to be sour.

jinyoung was your best friend, and you ought to be supportive of whatever he does,

but-

"i-i'm fine." you mumbled, before turning on your heel and running off.

you didn't care that you were running out of school, you just had to get away.

not watching where you were going, you knocked into a hard chest, the impact sending you flying to the ground.

you groaned in pain, struggling to stand up when a hand reached out to you.

looking up, you were met with a handsome face of a boy.

jet-black hair, and a set of charming, small eyes.

"you alright?" he asked, his voice sounding like music to your ears, easing your headache greatly.

you nodded your head and took his hand, allowing him to pull you up.