thief; jinyoung

you bit your lip hesitantly as you watched your sick father toss and turn in bed.

your mother had left your father for another man, claiming that your father could not earn enough money for the family.

however, she felt that you were a burden to her, hence also leaving you behind to stay with your father.

you didn't really mind though, because although your father did not earn much, he was very hardworking and always put you before himself.

it didn't matter that you may not have the trendiest clothes or the nicest food, all you cared about was being with your father, there and then.

but slowly, over the years, as your father grew older, his body had also become weaker due to his low immunity system.

soon, he fell sick, but refused to go to the clinic or hospital. he had talked about the inconvenience of being warded in the hospital many times and said he wanted to have the freedom to carry out his life normally even when he was sick.

you were worried for him, but both of you knew that the hospital bills were something that you couldn't afford. you had wanted to drop out of school to get a job, but your father didn't allowed that and you knew how hard he worked just to keep you in school. in the end, he just wanted your future to be better than his.

your father's coughing fit brought you out of your thoughts, and you quickly passed him a glass of water.

a thought sparked in your head. it may not ever be the best if you got caught, but it was worth the try if it meant that your father may have a chance of recovery, even if it took a while.

"dad, i'm going out for awhile. i'll be back soon." you called out to your father as you left the house.

putting on a cap, you walked into the pharmacy. your eyes scanning the place, trying to find the medicine that you needed.

as you strolled through the different aisles, your hand reached out for boxes of tablets and slipped it into your bag silently.

as you were about to take one last box, the sound of footsteps alerted you and you immediately looked up, making eye-contact with a boy in the same aisle.

dropping the box into your bag, you prayed that the boy saw nothing.

you turned around quickly and was about to make a speedy exit when a hand grabbed onto your shoulder.

your heart-beat quickened and you stayed in that position until the boy spoke, "Pass me the bag."

you shook his hand off, and turned around to glare at him, "Mind your own business."

"I saw what you did. If you don't want me to report you to the police, then hand me the bag." he replied calmly.

you got a good look at him and realised that he looked about your age. perhaps, you may be able to outrun him and get out of the store. but you were afraid of getting caught for theft.

you had no choice but to trust that if you handed your bag over to him, he wouldn't call the cops.

you handed over your bag hesitantly and he snatched it over and took a look inside.

"Greedy, are you?" he chuckled, shaking his head.

"I-" you realised there was no point explaining anything to this stupid jerk, clicking your tongue in annoyance, you simply made your way out of the store.

"Stupid, dumb shit." you cursed under your breath, kicking a stray can on the floor.

as you were about to turn the corner, someone shouted out, "hey, you!"

turning around, you realised it was the same guy from the store. you groaned silently as he ran towards you.

"What do you want?" you questioned wearily.

"Here." he said, pushing a bag towards you. you took it and noticed that the medicine that you attempted to steal was in the bag.

"Did- did you pay for these?" you asked, your eyes widening as you looked up at him.

"Yea its no problem. Just don't ever try to steal anything again. Others may not be as kind as me." he warned with a smile.

suddenly, he didn't seem to be that much of a jerk anymore.

"Uh- thanks? but why did you do that?" you questioned.

"Well, you seemed like you really need it. plus, a pretty girl stealing stuff? quite sure she doesn't mean any harm, probably just a desperate situation right?" he grinned.

you scrunched your face up in disgust, "Are you flirting with me? If you got the medicine for me in hopes of getting my number or something, then no."

He put up his hands in surrender, "Okay, I got it. anyways, hope to see you sometime?"

"I hope not." you replied, turning around and walking back.

you may have seemed cold on the outside, but your heart was swelling with happiness. he was probably the nicest person that you have ever met, and you hated to say this, but you hoped to see him again.

-

all you could say was that your days were tiring as heck. you went for lectures throughout the morning and after that went to work at the cafe near your house.

you had received your payment today, and decided that it was time to get your father's medicine as it was already running out. although it was slow, but it was proving that he was slowly getting better day by day. besides making him take his medicine on a daily basis, you made sure that he had enough to eat and didn't always give more food to you.

you strolled into the pharmacy, grabbing the medicine that your father needed. just as you were about to head to the cashier, someone called out, "Stealing again, are we?"

the familiar voice made you roll your eyes, "No, i'm not. And why must you always be here when i'm here?"

"Why can't i?" he replied smugly.

for the umpteen time, you groaned, "You are annoying."

ignoring you, he asked, "You know i was wondering if you wanted to grab dinner with me?"

"I don't even know your name." you replied.

"Jinyoung." he said, extending his hand out to you.

hesitantly, you shook his hand, "(y/n)."

I'M BACK ;)