Chap 2

The Pevensie children and I stood In an awkward line facing Helen Pevensie. 

Helen crouched down in front of Lucy before fidgeting with the label pinned Into her cardigan. "You need to keep this on, darling. All right?" She said once she had stopped fidgeting. "You warm enough? Good girl"

The mother of the Pevensie children quickly shuffled over to Edmund. Taking hold of his label and pinning It Into his jacket.

"Say hello to Auntie Laura. Goodbye, darling, we love you" A woman's voice sounded from a little ways away.

"How many people have to leave their family's?" I asked Peter quietly while looking up at him.

"Too many" He said just as quietly. Grabbing my hand, he squeezed It gently before letting go and giving me a sad smile. I forced one back to him before turning back to Helen.

"If Dad were here, he wouldn't make us go" Edmund complained to his mother.

I took hold of Peter's hand just as he began to talk. "If Dad were here, It'd mean the war was over and we wouldn't have to go"

"You will listen to your brother, won't you, Edmund?" Helen asked her youngest boy.

Edmund looked down at his mother, slightly annoyed before she stood up.  She took hold of his face to kiss his forehead, but he moved his head out of the way of her kiss. Peter and I squeezed each others hands  tightly. Helen hesitantly kissed the side of Edmund's head before letting go of him and turning towards Peter, avoiding my gaze. I let go of Peters hand quickly. Helen embraced her eldest.

"Promise me you'll look after the others" She said quietly to Peter.

"I will, Mum" Peter said before letting go of his mother and looking down.

"Good man" She said while Peter lifted his head.

"All aboard! All aboard!" The conductors voice rang out.

Helen embraced her eldest daughter while saying; "Susan" Said girl began to tear up in her mothers embrace. "Be a big girl" Helen said before pulling away. Her daughter nodded at her, smiling sadly.

Helen turned towards me. "Don't think I forgot about you, Miss L/N" She smiled at me before pulling me into a hug. "Take care of Peter for me. You know what he's like" Helen whispered into my ear.

"Of course" I whispered before pulling away.

Helen's eyes briefly scanned over everyone, making sure the labels were there.

"All right. Off you go" She said quietly, but enough for us to hear.

We all began to shuffle forwards toward the train. I moved in front of Peter and Lucy.

"Hey, get off. I know how to get on a train by myself" Edmund complained to the guards. 

The guards checking all of they labels and retrieving the tickets before letting people aboard. "Get off me" Edmund complained again.

"May I have your tickets, please? Tickets, please" A female guard asked Peter.

Susan snatched the tickets off of Peter before handing them over. "That's right. On you go" The lady said.

"Yes. Thank you" Peter said from behind me as we walked.

"Come along. Come along this way, please"

"Come on, Lucy. We have to stick together now" I heard Peter say to Lucy. I wondered what had happened. "Everything's gonna be all right. It's gonna be fine"

A few seconds later we were all aboard the train. The goodbyes from other family's feeling overwhelming. The Pevensie children and I all stuck our heads out to say goodbye to Helen.

"Bye-bye, dear" Helen said to Susan.

"Bye! We'll miss you! See you soon!" Peter yelled.

~

We all shuffled into a cabin/carriage, occupied by two children. Peter placed almost everyone's bags away above the seats. Edmund sat next to the window, Susan and Lucy sat down facing the other children while Peter sat on the other children's side.

I could tell that Susan wasn't exactly keen on me, so I decided not to sit next to her. No seats other than the one beside Susan. Peter, obviously seeing my discomfort, took my waist Into his hands and pulled me onto his lap. After he let go of my waist he took his book into my lap before opening It and reading It over my shoulder. Needless to say, I fell asleep.

~

When I woke up It was because Edmund had decided to kick my leg roughly. "So much for waking her up peacefully" I heard Susan mutter. I glared at Edmund before swiveling around and attaching myself to Peter like a Koala. I could feel Peter smile into my shoulder before he stood up and held me in one arm, how? I have no idea. He reached his arm out and took his case off of the baggage holder before holding me properly - still holding his case.

When we had gotten out of the train, Peter set me down before he took my case from a scowling Susan and handed it to me.

I smiled at Peter as a thank you. He smiled back, it didn't reach his eyes.