Chap 4

"Gastrovascular" Susan said as the rain poured down outside. "Come on, Peter, Gastrovascular"

"Is it Latin?" Peter asked, looking up at Susan.

"Yes"

"Is it Latin for 'worst game ever invented?'" Edmund asked, sitting up from underneath the chair.

I lightly shoved Edmund's leg with my foot as I leant into Peter's legs. Edmund turned to glare at me. Susan snapped her book shut as she started at Edmund, moving the book to sit next to her.

"W-we could play hide and seek" Lucy suggested as she walked over to the chair Peter was sat on. I swiveled around to face her before I rested my arms on Peters knees.

"But we're already having so much fun" Peter said sarcastically as he switched his gaze from Lucy to Susan and back to Lucy.

"If this is fun, then what exactly would be boring?" I asked, not really wanting an answer. Peter grinned down at me before shoving my shoulder. Laughing a little bit, I shook my head with a smile.

"Come on, Peter, please" Lucy whined, taking his arm onto the armrest and holding it. "Pretty please?" She then gave her best puppy dog eyes.

"One, two," Peter smiled. As he said three, Lucy broke into a grin.

"Four,"

"What?" Questioned Edmund as Peter stood up, taking my shoulders into his grasp and taking me with him.

"Five, six, seven, eight, nine," Peter said, left arm on the wall, face rested on said arm as his right hand held me against him. I rolled my eyes with a smile before I closed them.

"Ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen" And on it went until number one hundred.

"Ready or not, here I-" Peter began before I hit him. "-we come!"

As soon as we began to search, Lucy's voice filled the halls. "It's alright! I'm back! I'm alright!"

Peter and I turned a corner before entering a room. Edmund sighed angrily while Lucy looked towards us.

"You know, I'm not sure you two have quite got the idea of this game" Peter began. I flicked his head before crossing my arms and facing the younglings. We walked closer as Edmund came out from behind the curtains.

"Weren't you wondering where I was?" Lucy questioned, obviously confused and not making a fib.

"That's the point. That was why they were seeking you" Edmund criticized as Susan entered the room.

"Does this mean I win?" Susan asked.

"I don't think Lucy wants to play anymore" Peter said as we all looked at Susan.

"I've been gone for hours" Lucy stated, slightly confused.

"Perhaps you fell asleep?" I asked before Lucy brought us to her hiding spot and explained what had happened.

Susan and Edmund knocked on the inside and outside of the wardrobe before stopping as Edmund emerged.

"Lucy, the only wood in here is the back of the wardrobe" Susan stated.

"One game at a time, Lu. We don't all have your imagination" Peter said before the elder Pevensie children began to leave.

"But I wasn't imagining!" Lucy shouted before her siblings could leave.

I walked over to Lucy and placed my hand on her shoulder sadly. She glanced up at me before turning back to her siblings.

"That's enough, Lucy" Susan said, slightly irritated.

"I wouldn't lie about this!" Lucy said exasperated, taking a step forward. I trailed after her.

"Well, I believe you" Edmund said, taking a step forward.

"You do?" Lucy questioned, slightly skeptical, before narrowing her eyes at her brother.

"Yeah, of course" Edmund said while turning to Susan and Peter. "Didn't I tell you about the field in the bathroom cupboards¨ I bit my lip to stop myself from screaming at him.

"Oh, will you just stop?" Peter asked angrily. "You just have to make everything worse, don't you?"

"It was just a joke!" Edmund defended.

"When are you gonna learn to grow up?" Peter asked, a scowl decorating his adorable - normal! features.

"Shut up! You think you're Dad, but you're not!" Edmund shouted, taking a few steps towards Peter before storming out of the room.

Susan looked at Peter, irritated. "Well, that was nicely handled" She said before leaving.

"But... It really was there" Lucy said sadly.

"Susan's right, Lucy. That's enough" Peter said before beginning to leave. He stopped before turning to me. "You coming?"

"I'll be there in a moment" I said, forcing a smile before he smiled back sadly and left.

I turned back to Lucy as I spoke. "How about," I began as she closed the wardrobe door. "you tell me about, what was it? Mr. Tumnus? While we go to see him"

Lucy turned to me before smiling sadly at me. "I bet you're just saying that to make me feel better"

"Now come on, Lu - I can call you that right?" She nodded. "I'm not that mean" I teased. Lucy grinned up at me before running up and hugging my hips.