Chap 19

I sat on my bed with my dagger in my hands, passing it back and forth. The tent flap opened up from a steady and small hand, a smaller girl walking inside. Lillian walked over to me with a... different... sort of piece of armor that I would be wearing for the battle. Placing my dagger onto the bed, I stood up and walked over, taking the clothing from her and smiling gently.

"Thank you, Lillian" I said, taking a look at the armor.

"It looks beautiful, Lillian" I said as I placed it on my bed along side my sword and dagger

"But may I ask," I continued, looking back to her. "why is it different from Susan's?"

"Well, my mother had been designing armor and my father making it. This was her first design when she was a late teenager, but it has since been adapted" Lillian explained.

"If you wouldn't mind, Lillian" I began, an uncomfortable feeling taking over. "But, well um... could you help me get it on?"

"Of course!" She smiled, closing the tent flap.

~~~~

Oh how weird this armor felt. I mean, I know I should be grateful and everything, but couldn't it atleast be a little tighter to actually fit in all places.

Lillian had already left to help her own family and now it was just the waiting game.

Instead of staying cooped up in my tent, I slid my dagger into my metal boot and went for Peters tent.

I stepped into his tent, his back was facing me while he struggled to get his  chest peice on.

"You need any help there?" I teased, walking over as he whirled around.

His face was red with the effort.

"That- uhh, yeah, that would be appreciated" Peter stuttered.

I shook my head slightly before taking his chest peice from him. I pulled it into the right way before telling him to put his arms up. I slid the chainmail and cloth over him. He put his arms down as I secured his shoulder peices alongside his forearms. He secured the leg peices before I put the chainmail over his head.

"You look ridiculous" I laughed.

He pouted at me playfully. I rolled my eyes when he pulled me into a weird hug.

"Do you promise to come back to me in the end?" He whispered, emotion taking over.

"Only if you do" I replied while he swayed us a little bit.

"Of course I promise to come back" He  muttered.

"Then I promise too as well" I responded.

We stayed in our hug until Oreius came in, saying how we needed to be on the battlefield.

I helped him put his head peice on before we were walking to the battlefield with our weapons sheathed.