Chap 12

"Now, Aslan's camp is near the Stone Table - just across the frozen river" Mr. Beaver announced.

"River?" I questioned.

"Oh, the river's been frozen solid for a hundred years" Mrs. Beaver said.

"It's so far" Peter stated.

"It's the world, dear" Said Mrs. Beaver. "Did you expect it to be small?"

"Smaller" Susan said, walking off.

~

About maybe halfway into our walk across the ice covered river, we began to slow down.

"Come on, humans! While we're still young" Mr. Beaver called out.

"If he tells us to hurry up one more time, I'm gonna turn him into a big, fluffy hat" Peter said while letting Lucy get onto his back.

"Hurry up! Come on!"

"He is getting a little bossy" Lucy said.

"No! Behind you! It's her!" Mr. Beaver yelled.

Peter let Lucy down as we turned to look. We then took off, occasionally yelling "Run".

"Hurry!" Peter called as we made it into the forest before continuing to run.

"Inside!" Mr. Beaver yelled as we scrambled under a ledge and out of sight. "Dive! Dive!"

The snow fell slightly from the edge as the shadow of a male figure was casted down in front of us. More snow fell before the shadow moved away.

"Maybe she's gone" Lucy said quietly.

"I suppose I'll go look" Peter suggested.

"No! You're worth nothing to Narnia dead" Mr. Beaver said.

"Well, neither are you, Beaver"

"Thanks, sweetheart"

I took hold of Mr. Beaver before quickly loking over the ledge. I saw a glimpse of a man dressed in red and a sled with red before I was pulled back by Peter, who looked just about ready to hit me. Mr. Beaver then left to look properly.

"Don't do that ever again" Peter mumbled into my ear.

I looked back at him and gave him a reassuring smile, which he nervously replicated.

"What's that? What's-" Mrs. Beaver began.

"Shh, shh, shh" Susan hushed.

The footsteps became louder before Mr. Beaver popped his head down to us. "Come out! Come out!"

Lucy shrieked as I jumped a little bit. Peter rubbing my arm to calm my nerves.

"I hope you've all been good 'cause there's someone here to see you" He said before disappearing.

We all stood up, left, and went up above the ledge.

"Merry Christmas, sir" Lucy grinned, stepping forward.

"It certainly is, Lucy, since you have arrived"