Chap 17

I sat behind Peter as he rode his unicorn. Edmund on his horse as the two 'fought'. Swords drawn, ready to attack.

"Come on, Ed! Sword point up, like Oreius showed us" Peter said.

"En garde!" Edmund called.

"Now block!" I called. The boys parried, blocked, all that jazz.

"Hey!" Edmund called as the boys both stopped.

"Peter! Y/N! Edmund!" Mr. Beaver yelled, running up to us.

Edmunds horse started to whine as it raised itself onto its Hine legs. "Whoa, horsie!" And the horse went back down.

"My name is Philip" The horse said annoyed.

"Oh. S-sorry"

"Everything alright, Mr. Beaver?" I asked, moving my upper body to face him.

"The Witch has demanded a meeting with Aslan" Mr. Beaver answered. "She's on her way here"

~

"Jadis, the Queen of Narnia!" Ginarrbrik yelled.

"Go away, Witch!" People yelled out.

"Empress of the Lone Islands!" Ginarrbrik continued. The White Witch was sitting on a throne as four cyeclopses carried it forward. The cyeclopses set the Witch down before she steadily made her way to Aslan. When she was stood in the middle of the path, but in front of us, she looked at Edmund.

"You have a traitor in your midst, Aslan" The Witch said as she finally stopped walking.

"His offence was not against you"

"Have you forgotten the laws apon which Narnia was built?"

"Do not cite the Deep Magic to me, Witch" Aslan roared. "I was there when it was written"

"Then you'll remember well that every traitor belongs to me. His blood is my property"

Both Peter and I unsheathed our swords and raised them in the direction of the Witch.

"Try and take him then" I hissed.

"Do you really think that mere force will deny me of my right... little King... little Queen? Aslan knows that unless I have blood, as the law demands, all of Narnia will be overturned and perish in fire and water" The Witch told everyone. "That boy will die" She said, pointing to Edmund. "On the Stone Table... as is tradition. You dare not refuse me"

"Enough" Aslan said.

I slowly sheathed my sword as Peter had already done so.

"I shall talk to you alone" Aslan and Jadis entered the tent.

"Something bad's going to happen, I just know it" I groaned, moving my hair out of my face.

Peter gave me a look of forced reassurance before taking hold of my hand.

"That might be what happens, but atleast Narnia has us" He said, slowly looking away from me and to the tent.

I sighed, resting my head against Peters shoulder.

~

The White Witch emerged from the tent and everyone stood up. She stared at Edmund as Aslan left the tent before she walked back to her throne like chair.

"She has renounced her claim on the Son of Adam's blood"

Everyone cheered and clapped Edmund on the back.

"How do I know your promise will be kept?" The Witch asked, standing in front of her throne like chair. Aslan roared before The White Witch sat down, seemingly out of breath.

Everyone began to cheer, except me. I stared at Aslan's sunken look as The Witch was taken back. It seemed like Lucy noticed his look too. As;an went to his tent when he noticed out staring.

I turned towards Edmund before pulling him into a gentle hug. When I pulled away from Edmund, who had a small blush covering his cheeks, I wrapped my arms around Peter's torso and hid my face in the crook of his neck. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and kissed the side of my head.