Chap 8

"Impossible" Susan gasped.

"Don't worry. I'm sure it's just your imagination" Lucy said cheekily.

"I-I don't suppose saying we're sorry would quite cover it" Peter stammered. I chuckled before patting him on the shoulder.

"No, It wouldn't" Lucy and I said together, making us laugh.

Lucy threw a snowball at Peters head.

"But this might" Lucy giggled.

Peter gasped before making a snowball from the snow on the ground and throwing it at Lucy. "Oh!" Peter laughed. Everyone, but Edmund,  began to laugh. And so continued the snowball attack before Susan threw a snowball at Edmund.

"Ow!" Edmund whined. "Stop it!"

"You little liar" Peter directed  the comment to Edmund.

"You didn't believe them, either" Edmund said.

"Apologize to Lucy and Y/N!" Peter commanded.

"Say you're sorry" Peter snapped.

"All right! I'm sorry"

"That's all right. Some children just don't know when to stop pretending" All attention was brought to Lucy.

"Oh, very funny" Edmund sneered. All attention was then brought apon me.

"Not until he means it" I said, turning to Peter.

"Maybe we should go back"  Susan commented.

"But shouldn't we at least take a look around?" Edmund asked, gesturing to the snow filled forest.

"I think Lucy should decide" Both Peter and I stated before smiling at eachother.

"I'd like you all to meet Mr. Tumnus!" Lucy said happily.

"Well, then Mr. Tumnus it is" Peter said before walking back to the wardrobe.

"But we can't go hiking in the snow dressed like this" Susan said, warming her arms.

"No" Peter said as he brought out a bunch of coats. "But I'm sure the Professor wouldn't mind us using these" He said as he handed a coat to Lucy and one to Susan. "Anyway," He gave me a coat. "if you think about it logically, we're not even taking them out of the wardrobe" He handed one to Edmund.

"But that's a girl's coat!" Edmund complained.

"I know" Peter said, pushing the coat into Edmunds hands. I grinned and put my coat on.

Once we all heeved our coats on we began to walk through the snow covered forest. After a little bit, we encountered a landslide. Peter ran down a bit of it before rolling down the rest. We began to laugh before we continued our journey to Mr. Tumnus.

"... lots and lots of lovely food, and we'll have lots and lots of..." Lucy began before stopping abruptly.

"Lu?" Peter asked as we all stared at Mr. Tumnus' seemingly broken doorway.

Lucy gasped before running towards Mr. Tumnus' house. "Lucy!" Peter yelled before we all ran after her.

We all slowed into a walk as we entered the broken house of Mr. Tumnus.

"Who would do something like this?" Lucy asked as we walked further in.

Peter took a piece of paper off of the wooden pillar just before he began to read it aloud.

"The faun Tumnus is hear by charged with High Treason against Her Imperial Majesty, Jadis, Queen of Narnia, for comforting her enemies and fraternizing with humans. Signed Maugrim, Captain of the Secret Police. Long live the Queen"

"All right. Now we really should go back" Susan said as she took the piece of paper from Peter.

"But what about Mr. Tumnus?" Lucy asked sadly and desperately.

"If he was arrested just for being with a human, I don't think there's much we can do" Susan admitted sadly.

"You don't understand, do you?" Lucy began. "I'm the human. She must have found out he helped me"

"Maybe we could call the police" Peter suggested.

"These are the police" I stated sadly.

"Don't  worry, Lu. We'll think of sonething" Peter said reassuringly.

"Why?" Edmund asked, speaking for the first time. "I mean, he's a criminal"

A bird chirped outside before making a "Psst" noise.

"Did that bird just 'psst' us?" Susan asked, slightly baffled.

Peter left the house before we all trailed after him. The bird then flew away. There was rustling from the trees to our right, then our left, then in front.  I took hold of Peters left hand, Susan taking hold of his right shoulder, and Lucy holding onto Susan. We all watched as a beaver come out of a mini snow cliff.

"It... It's a beaver" Lucy stuttered as we all let go of eachother.

Peter stuck out his hand, rubbing his fingers together. "Here, boy" He said before he began to click his tongue, crouching down and trying to coax the Beaver.

"It ain't gonna smell it, if that's what you want" The Beaver said ubruptly.

I laughed quietly with Lucy as Peter withdrew from his stance, saying;

"Oh, sorry"

"Lucy Pevensie, Y/N L/N" The Beaver said.

Lucy and I slowly walked forward before I said;

"Yes?"

The Beaver slowly took out a hanker chief for Lucy to take, which she did.

"Hey, that's the hankie I gave to Mr. Tumnus" Lucy stated.

"Tumnus. He got it to me just before they took him, as well as this" The Beaver said before handing me a red scarf.

*Flashback*

"That scarf looks lovely Mr. Tumnus" I complimented.

"Would you like to have it? I have many" Mr. Tumnus asked, beginning to take it off.

"No, no. It would look much better on you" I dismissed, adjusting the scarf around his neck for him.

*Flashback over*

"Thank you" I said quietly. The Beaver nodded.

"Is he all right?" Lucy asked the Beaver.

"Further in" The Beaver said lowly before walking even further back.

"What are you doing?" Susan asked as we walked forward, making Peter, Lucy and I halt.

"She's right" Edmund said. "How do we know we can trust him?"

"He said he knows that faun" Peter tried to reason with them.

"He's a Beaver. He shouldn't be saying anything!" Susan argued.

"Everything all right?" The Beaver asked, rising from a snow covered rock.

"Yes. We were just talking" Peter said as everyone turned to face the Beaver.

"That's better left for safer quaters" The Beaver whispered  before disappearing from sight.

"He means the trees" Lucy said, looking around. We then all followed after the Beaver.

~

"Come on. We don't want to be caught out here after night fall" The Beaver said as we walked up a hill and into a passage.