Chap 5

I woke up to the sound of footsteps and a bright fire in front of my face.

"Wake up, Y/N" Lucy's innocent voice whispered to me. I groaned as I buried my face into my pillow.

"We're going to see Mr. Tumnus, remember?"

"Mr. Tumnus? Who's th- oh, right" I said quietly before sitting up, rubbing my eyes groggily. Getting out of bed, I took the candle from Lucy and we began our walk to the wardrobe - completely forgetting my slippers as well.

Lucy opened the wardrobe door hesitantly, once we had arrived at our destination. The light that was held by the candle dying out as we entered.

Lucy told me about her encounter with Mr. Tumnus as we walked to his house. The whole time, alert, as I had never even thought this possible.

When we reached Mr. Tumnus' house, my feet were freezing, as were my arms. I knocked on the door just before a man with animal legs and weird, cute little ears opened the door.

"He's a faun" Lucy whispered to me. I nodded gently.

"Hello, Mr. Tumnus!" Lucy greeted cheerfully as she waved her hand frantically.

"Hello, Lucy. And who might you be?" Mr. Tumnus asked carefully, tugging on one end of his scarf.

"My name is Y/N L/N. Great to finally meet you" I said rather formally.

"And to you" He smiled.

After the greetings, we entered his house. Having tea, Mr. Tumnus told us about The White Witch.

~

After our tea and little chat, Lucy and I said our goodbyes to Mr. Tumnus and left to go back into our world.

After a bit of walking, Lucy and I spotted Edmund standing by himself. What the hell was he doing here?

"Edmund, what are you doing here?" I asked, puzzled beyond belief.

"Edmund?" Lucy questioned. "Oh, Edmund! You got in too!" She ran up to him before wrapping her arms around him. "Isn't it wonderful?" Edmund gently pushed Lucy away from him as I walked closer.

"Where have you two been?" He asked.

"With Mr. Tumnus. He's fine" Lucy said as Edmund wiped his mouth. "The White Witch hasn't found out anything about him meeting me"

"The White Witch?"

"She calls herself the queen of Narnia" I bagan before Lucy so rudely interrupted me;

"But she really isn't"

"Are you alright? You look awful" Lucy stated. I observed Edmund, ha had the slightest of something white and powdery on his lips, and he was looking down at the ground.

"Well, what'd you expect? I mean, it's freezing" Edmund said, looking up at us. He wrapped his arms around himself. "How do we get out of here?"

"Come on" I said. Lucy took hold of both Edmund and I's hands. "This way" And off we went.

~

"Peter, Peter, wake up! Peter, wake up!" Lucy pestered, waking her brother. "It's there! It's really there!"

I laughed a little bit as I walked over to Lucy and Peter, who groaned loudly.

"Shh" Peter groaned. "Lucy what are you taking about" He groaned again as Susan entered the room.

"Narnia! It's all in the wardrobe like I told you!" Lucy said excitedly.

"Ugh. You've just been dreaming, Lucy" Susan said as she came over.

"But I haven't! I saw Mr. Tumnus again! And this time Y/N and Edmund went too!" At the mention of our names, everyone's attention turned to us.

"You... you saw the faun?" Peter questioned. I nodded my head, a smile taking place on my lips. Edmund shook his head no.

"Well, he didn't actually go there with me, but Y/N did" Lucy stated. "What were you doing, Edmund?"

"I was just playing along" Edmund said.

"Edmund!" I growled.

"I'm sorry, Peter. I shouldn't have encouraged her, Y/N shouldn't have done it either, but you know what little children are like these days. They just don't know when to stop pretending" Edmund said, rather smugly, as Lucy began to to sob.

"You! You foul, loathsome, evil, little cockroach!" I shouted, walking up to him and jabbing him in the chest with my finger. "You know what you saw, and here you are, lying!"

Lucy ran out of the room sobbing as Edmund looked at me blankly. I turned sharply and ran after Lucy.

"Ow!" I heard Edmund exclaim from the room as I ran out and after Lucy.

Just as I reached Lucy, she bumped into a man, Professor Kirke.

"Oh!" Said Professor Kirke, rather surprised. Lucy immediately hugged him with her small arms.

"You children are one shenanigan shy of sleepin' in the stable!" Came Mrs. Macready's voice as she entered the small room, readjusting her robe. "Professor" She said as she noticed him. "I'm sorry. I told them you were not to be disterbed"

"It's all right, Mrs. Macready. I'm sure there's an explanation" He said before looking down at Lucy. "But first of all, I think this one is in need of a little hot chocolate" He said as he gently moved Lucy over to Mrs. Macready.

"Come along, dear" Mrs. Macready said as she took Lucy away.

I only noticed that Peter and Susan were there when Professor Kirke cleared his throat.