Chap 10

"Hurry!" Peter shouted.

We stopped at the top of the hill. A house made of ice stood tall and proud in front of us.

"Edmund!" Lucy screamed.

"Shh! They'll hear you!" Mr. Beaver said in a low tone.

Peter was about to run before Mr. Beaver took hold of him. "No!"

"Get off me!" Peter shouted, attempting to get Mr. Beaver off.

"You're playin' into her hands"

"We can't just let him go!" Susan stated.

"He's our brother!" Lucy reminded.

"He's the bait! The Witch wants all five of you!"

"Why?" I asked with Peter.

"To stop the prophecy from coming true. To kill you!"

We all looked at the humungus doors as they closed with Edmund inside.

"This is all your fault" Susan said to Peter.

"My fault?"

"None of this would have happened if you had listened to me in the first place!"

Peter scoffed. "So, you knew this would happen?"

"I didn't know what would happen. Which is why we should have left while we still could!"

"Stop it!" Lucy yelled.

"This isn't going to help Edmund" I continued.

"She's right" Me. Beaver said. "Only Aslan can help your brother now"

"Then take us to him" Peter said, looking down at Mr. Beaver.

~

The sound of barking and howling was heard as we all rushed about.

"Hurry, mother! They're after us!" Shouted Mr. Beaver.

"Oh, right rhen" Mrs.  Beaver said, grabbing things.

"What's she doing?" Peter asked.

"Oh you'll be thanking me later" Mrs. Beaver said, opening a cupboard. "It's a long journey and Beaver gets pretty cranky when he's hungry"

"I'm cranky now!"

We all rushed around, grabbing food.

"Do you think we'll need jam?" Susan asked.

"Only if the Witch serves toast" Peter joked nervously.

"Not the time Peter!" I yelled, looking up at him as he gave a twisted nervous smile.

"Right, sorry" He mumbled, I smiled and rolled my eyes before going back to work. The barking became louder with every unspoken word.

Barks and snarls were heard from outside as the house started to get torn apart. Mr. Beaver opened a door, ushering us all inside before closing us in. We then began to run through the tunnels.

~

"Badger and me dug this. Comes out right near his place" Mr. Beaver said as we continued to run.

"You told me it led to your mum's! " Mrs. Beaver said.

"Not the time!" I announced.

Lucy tripped over before saying; "They're in the tunnel" and getting up.

"Quick! This way"

"Hurry!"

"Run!" Peter yelled as we continued through the tunnels.

"We're not stupid!" I retorted.

"Quick! Quick! Quick!"

We continued to run before we met a dead end.

"You should have brought a map!"

"There wasn't room next to the jam!" Mr. Beaver said before climbing up a small tunnel and out into the open, everyone trailing behind.

"Come on, Lucy!" Susan said before Peter and Mr. Beaver cover the hole with barrels.

When we turned around, Lucy was lying on the ground next to statues of squirrels.

~

"I'm so sorry, dear"

"He was my best mate"

"What happened here?" Peter asked after we had looked at all the statues of Narnians.

"This is what becomes of those who cross the Witch" A Fox's voice rang out as he stepped in front of us, on top of a ledge as we all scrambled back.

Taking hold of Peters hand brought some comfort back, especially when he pulled me flush into his side, keeping our hands in front of us.

"You take one more step, traitor, and I'll chew you to splinters!" Mr.  Beaver yelled, taking a threatening step forward.

"Relax. I'm one of the good guys" The fox said, jumping down from the ledge.

"Yeah? Well, you look and awful lot like one of the bad ones"

"An unfortunate family resemblance. But we can argue breeding later. Right now we've got to move" The fox said as Peter took hold of Lucy.

The howling grew louder.

"What did you have in mind?" Peter asked.

~

"Greetings, gents" The fox said as the wolves surrounded him. "Lost something, have we?"

"Don't patronize me" Maugrim snarled. "I know where your allegiance lies. We're looking for some humans"

The fox laughed. "Humans? Here in Narnia?"

Peter and I shared a panicked look before looking back down to the fox and pack of wolves.

"That's a valuable bit of information, don't you think?" The fox continued.

The fox was cut short when a fellow wolf big his side. Peter Covered Lucy's mouth as the fox whimpered.

"Your reward is your life" Maugrim said after the fox stopped his whimpering. "It's not, much, but still. Where are the fugitives?"

The fox whimpered as the wolves snarled.

"North. They ran north"

"Smell them out" Maugrim comanded. The wolf that held Mr. Fox threw him before running off. Mr. Fox yelped, and went limp.