Chapter 17: Nate, Keith and a sick Bay.

Johnny's P.O.V.

Chapter 17

The Detention Room.

I sighed as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Yes Nate, I'm here and calm down I'm sure she's fine." I tell him.

"Well she hasn't answered, like at all." Nate states as I roll my eyes.

"Oh come on, you know Bay she never answers her phone, even back home." I mutter as I look around the parking lot for my car. Finally spotting it, I make my way to my car.  I unlock the back and quickly put in my suitcases before closing the door and walking to the drivers side.

"I'm just worried about her, with her psycho dad out and about." He mumbles.

"I'm pretty sure Rider has her well protected, along with all his friends." I say as I start up the car.

"That's what worries me." Nate mutters lowly.

"What do you mean?" I ask him as I reverse out of the parking lot.

"Nothing, well I have to go, business calls, I'll call you later little bro."  Nathan states before the line goes dead. I sigh as I make my way to Nelly's house. In less then an hour I'm parking in the driveway, parking next to Bay's company Range Rover. I sigh as I get out of my car and close the door, not bothering to grab my suitcases.

"Johnny? That you." I heard someone ask causin me to look over at Zach.

"Yeah, just got back." I tell him as I fix my shirt.

"Can I ask you something?" he asked as I nod and lean back against the car and cross my ankles.

"Why are you and Bay so close?" he asked.

"Uh, guess we just got close because of her parents." I tell him.

"What do you mean?" he asks.

"Our parents were friends back in the day, so we met through them, ended up being pretty good friends,  though we got closer after her and Nate broke up, kinda funny actually." I mumble as he raises a brow.

"They went out?" he asks looking shocked as I laugh and a smile forms on my lips.

"Didn't tell you huh? Knowing Bay she'd keep anything about her past hidden. Way of protecting herself." I mutter.

"What happened?" Zach asked.

"Well I knew her before he did, they got together when Bay and I were freshmen. Bay's always been distance, a very secretive person. Right away I noticed she was jumpy, always on edge and very hostile when it came to her family. During our Sophomore year they got in a fight, I followed her home knowing how Nate was when he was mad. I went inside and found her curled up in a corner of her room. She broke down completely, told me everything. After that they broke up, he later found out about her parents. They ended it well though, so it's never been much of an issue between the two." I tell him as he nods.

"What did Nate do when he found out that you knew about Bay?" Zach asks me as I laugh.

"He whooped my ass, took my dad and my two brothers to pull us apart." I tell him as he laughs.

"I've only seen Eli." Zach mumbles.

"Yeah, well I should get inside, see what Bay's up to." I state as he nods. I walk to the door and ring the doorbell before the door swings open and Bay stands there with a smile.

"Johnny!" She exclaims before she hugs me tightly. I laugh slightly as I hug her back.

"Miss me shorty?" I ask her as she nods.