chapter six

PLEASE KEEP COMMENTING YOUR REACTIONS TO THINGS THAT HAPPEN DURING THE CHAPTER AND JUST THE CHAPTER IN GENERAL

---------

                The next evening began just as Jerome promised: Another chance for Oswald to prove himself to Jane's brother. Whereas Jerome was excited and itching for a need to maim and torture another person on all levels, Jane couldn't see the point to all of this. She got that he was bored - she was too, but she didn't understand why he was dragging it on to this level. Originally, she was told this: Jerome had to see if Oswald had what it takes to help him in the outside world. And while her brother was still checking him out, Jane made a firm decision that he didn't. The type of people they needed on the outside world was what Jerome described to her as crazy, resourceful and leaders . She hadn't see much of that from Oswald in Arkham.

They had a list of people who had. They had scoped Arkham out, seen how to get their mission done. But that was all Jane knew. It was all Jerome agreed to tell her. She was growing increasingly frustrated with him. He had always been egotistical, but she needed to know what was going to happen after. She wanted to make sure he wouldn't try anything with her. And if he did have something like that planned for her, she was going to make sure she was alright. She wouldn't die from his hands.

This was all running through Jane's mind as she sat in her usual seat in the community area. A couple of inmates had went to fetch Oswald and they had just returned. She watched as her brother put a loose noose around his neck before stopping, realizing something was off. Jane frowned. Why did he stop? Something interesting was finally happening in this place. Jane was hoping Oswald wouldn't be able to get out of the noose and just hang himself in front of all of them. At least then Jane wouldn't be dying of boredom. 

However, when Jerome ripped the bag off. Everything made sense why her brother was confused. It was Dietrich. Jane's interest was peaked. Finally, something was happening. 

Oswald then came running in, caring an electric wire. He threw it onto the pool of pee that seeped out of poor brain dead Dietrich, causing him to fall over. Oswald stood furiously behind Jerome, looking like he would have a tantrum any minute. The thought of that made Jane giggle softly to herself.

"Okay, that was clever-ish." Jerome admitted, turning to face the small angry man. 

Oswald, no less angry, grabbed a spork from a table and held it like a weapon against Jerome. Now, Jane giggled a little louder, earning some glances from the other inmates. A spork? Did that poor guy not realize how weak he looked?

Jerome thought the same as he stared at the man, rather unimpressed. "Yeah, that's a spoon."

"It is also a fork!"

Jane laughed. "Are you being serious right now, Oswald? I seriously can't tell if you think that's going to help you."

Jerome nodded along to his sister as he titled his head at the man. "Looks like you still got some fight in you. But I think it's just too little, too late, too..."

"-Boring," Jane finished for him. "Oswald has no more tricks left."

Jerome glanced over at her. "Yes, yes, boring." Then he turned away, waving his hand. "Lobotomize the little bird."

"Wait, wait!" Oswald held his hands out, trying to keep the other inmates away from him. Jane was curious as to what this little bird's last resort was going to be. "You said this prison was all in my mind." Jerome turned to look back at him. "Maybe I'm in a prison right now."

Jane frowned. "That's literally what Arkham is." Oswald turned and glared at the girl. "Good to know you still got some sanity left for you to know where you are."