chapter thirteen

PLEASE KEEP COMMENTING YOUR REACTIONS TO THINGS THAT HAPPEN DURING THE CHAPTER AND JUST THE CHAPTER IN GENERAL

---------

          The towel was wrapped tightly around Jane's tilted face as another bucket of water was poured on top of it. Jane kicked her legs, pleading for oxygen. The waterboarding had been going on for around 30 minutes now and Jane was on the verge of tears. The towel was ripped off her face and Jane leaned forward as much as she could, gasping for air. She couldn't go too far, however, as her arms were tied behind her chair. Her heartbeat was going crazy. Jeremiah was really taking this "breaking" thing to a whole new level.

On her face, bruises were scattered. The right side of her lip had blown up and under her left eye, a deep bruise was starting to blow up. Her body was also a mess. Her knees and lower legs were all bruised from being thrown all over the place. Aches and pains could be felt by just making the slightest of movements. The only good part was Jeremiah allowed her to wrap up her broken hand - He had to make sure it was still functioning for his motives. 

This was the second day of the abuse. Jeremiah, although still hurtful, was becoming more lenient. Jane was allowed one small meal now, plus about two hours of sleep. The collar remained on her neck, mostly so he could just shock her when he was getting bored - or felt she deserved it. 

Ecco began to wipe the floor dry with a towel, while Jeremiah stood over his sister, wiping his hands dry. Although trying to be strong, Jane couldn't help a small tear roll down her cheek. She had endured so much, and it wasn't even over. Jeremiah noticed instantly and a smirk grew on his face. 

"I've see we've made some progress." He placed the towel he was using onto the cart of torture that stood proudly next to him. He held his hands behind him. "Just a few more sessions should do it."

Ecco finished wiping and untied Jane's hands. She pushed her off the chair and Jane went without a fight. She had no more strength - physically, nor mentally. Jane was so mentally tired that she barely even noticed her brother and his sidekick leave. She thought he said something else to her, but truth be told, she wasn't listening. She just sat in a ball on the floor, in pure anguish. 

Jane felt close to death. Never in her life had she experienced something like this. Even in her worst back in Arkham and her pleasant childhood, she always had something to hold onto. First, it was hope. Then, it was Laney. Now.. it was nothing. She felt that person she so proudly grew into the past couple months crumble away. That strong girl was no longer kicking and screaming - she was starved, beaten and broken till there was nothing left but a small broken girl. 

You were always that small broken girl, even after we fixed you. 

After all we went through, and yet, you still end up like this.

If this is how you act when you get pushed down, then maybe you really do deserve this. Only wish we were the ones doing it to you.

Jane wanted to scream. She had silence for months. She felt so normal. She couldn't go back to hearing them, couldn't go back to being paranoid and crazy. 

"Just go away," She pleaded softly. Her voice was barely over a whisper. She had no strength, nor energy anymore. 

How could we go away? You're even worse than where we started from.

You need us. Do you really wanna go back to being Jeremiah's little bitch?

Although, you probably deserve it. Look at you. 

If only Laney could see you now.

Truthfully, Jane tried not to think much about Laney. She still blamed herself profusely for her death, and it killed her inside. Laney was all the good Jane had in her. Jane died along with her. Jane could still picture the love of her life - her luxurious blonde wavy hair, her blue eyes, the way she looked at Jane and comforted her when she was stuck in her depression. She made Jane want to live. She made Jane feel loved. Just thinking briefly about her made Jane start to tear up. 

It just made her feel more depressed thinking about her. Her time with Laney was the happiest time of her life. Her life now was the worst it had ever been. The last couple of days made Jane's childhood look peaceful. 

Suddenly, as Jane stayed laying on the ground in a ball, Laney appeared in front of her, staring back at Jane. Her face wasn't mean or upset. She just looked at Jane, the sparkle in her eyes shining so bright, Jane thought it was real. Jane's eyes collected more tears, until finally they start to fall. Again, her voice was only above a whisper. She was about to say something she wanted to say for the longest times. Jane could barely see through the tears as she said, "I'm sorry."

--------------------------

Now, Jane was putting up a fight. It was several hours later, and Jeremiah and Ecco had returned. Ecco kept her emotionless face as she tried to grab Jane, but Jane wasn't having it. She started kicking and pushing Ecco back from the ground. 

"No, no. Please!" Jane begged loudly, tears about to fall from her eyes. She was on the verge of screaming. She couldn't go through anymore pain, let alone what Jeremiah was about to do to her. 

Jeremiah didn't even glance at his sister as he focused on making sure the tool was hot enough. The end of the metal was starting to become a bright red. Almost perfect...

It didn't take Ecco long to get a good grip on Jane. She was so tired that she barely put up much of a fight, just a little annoyance. Ecco alerted Jeremiah when she had Jane held onto the floor on her back. The front of Jane's shirt was then lifted, and Jane really started to panic. She tried thrashing some more, but Ecco's grip was tight. She wasn't going anywhere. 

Jeremiah walked menacingly towards Jane with his little tool, ready to have his fun. When Jane's body was finally stable, he didn't hesitate to take the tool and press the hot metal into Jane's stomach.

Instantly, Jane's screams and cries were ringing though the entire bunker. Jane had cried and screamed a lot in this hell of a place, but these cries were different. They were so desperate, so filled with pain. If there was anyone other than these two psychopaths, their hearts would've broken. 

To Jane, it felt like the metal was on her stomach for ten minutes, when in actuality, it was only a couple of seconds. Jeremiah lifted the metal off Jane's skin right as Jane's tears were streaming heavily down her face. She glanced down to see what happened to her and saw a "J" branded on her skin. It was about a foot long, so it went from her belly button to right under her boob. She felt like cattle as she knew why he did this. 

It was confirmed a moment later when Jeremiah finally spoke. He was embracing this to the fullest. "After the waterboarding, I just knew you were almost right where I wanted you, so I thought we would continue to the next part of your conditioning. You're mine now. I own you forever. And there's nothing you can do about it."

ahhhhhhh!! hey guys! pretty intense chapter for poor jane :( she truly doesn't deserve this. but at least she was able to kind of grieve laney.

my week has been sooo crazy but i'm so happy i was able to post this chapter tonight.

i wanted to thank you all bc doe eyes just got 10k reads and this book has hit 1.6k!! i didn't expect to see so much love for this book when i started but it honestly has been such a rewarding experience. thank you all so much for your love and support and i hope yall stay with me till the end!

please PLEASE comment more of your thoughts and theories!!!

next update should be on monday so i'll see yall then!
love yah!