chapter eleven

PLEASE KEEP COMMENTING YOUR REACTIONS TO THINGS THAT HAPPEN DURING THE CHAPTER AND JUST THE CHAPTER IN GENERAL

---------

           "I just want you to know," Jane's hands onto Jeremiah's shoulders as him and Bruce sat tied to their respected seats, explosives around their neck. She leaned in closer to him. "Seeing you like this makes me really, really happy." She smiled and walked around the chair to stand in front of him. What she got back was a heavy glare with a hint of disgust. But that didn't bother her. Jane's personal devil was sitting in front of her, completely in danger and completely unable to save himself. It was better than Christmas morning (not that Jane ever experienced what a true Christmas should be). 

"You should be ashamed of yourself," Jeremiah spoke roughly to her. "You let Jerome ruin you and look at where you are."

Jane giggled shortly before stopping and shaking her head amusingly at him. "Oh brother, brother, brother." Her hand went to his shoulder once again and patted it. "You never were the comedian. Besides," She stood up straight and walked back around him. "You'll be getting what you deserve soon enough." Jerome had a marvelous idea for their brother, and it made Jane burst with excitement. Jeremiah wouldn't be able to recognize himself after what they would do to him. 

Shortly before Jeremiah and Bruce were captured, there was a little stunt done by the police with their help. They attempted to shot them both but thankfully Jerome had some of his men stop them before anything got too serious. Speaking of Bruce, Jane was pretending he wasn't there. Her emotional side was feeling an immense amount of guilt of what she was allowing to happen to him. Bruce was a wonderful kid. He was kind and opened his home to Jane when she truly needed it the most. But her vengeful side was too powerful. Jeremiah needed to pay for what he had done to her. 

The crowd was waiting anxiously for Jerome to continue his little performance. He had a whole speech planned, and he wouldn't allow anyone to steal his spotlight. Finally after a couple more moments of anxious silence, Jerome decided to start his speech.

"No parent will admit it, but everyone's got their favorites."

Jane snorted. What an opener, especially when describing their family. However, the only thing Jane would change would be that their mother was very open about who was the favorite - Jeremiah - and who was the least favorite - Jane. 

Silence followed as Jerome took the seat between Jeremiah and Bruce. Once he got comfortable, Jerome continued, "The one who cleans their room, does their homework, gets to physically and mentally abuse our sister for our mother, doesn't try to kill everybody." Jane rolled her eyes at the list. Jerome couldn't be more dramatic. Jerome gestured to their brother, who continued to give an uncomfortable glare. "Little Mr. Perfect here. Yeah, he was that guy. He went to the top schools, then a top college. Meanwhile-" Jerome gestured back between Jane and himself, "-my sister and I got dragged through the circus by our depressed, alcoholic mother. Forced to clean up elephant dung every day."

Again, Mister Dramatic thought that was the worst thing to happen to him. Jane wished that was the worst thing to happen to her. While he was doing that, Jane would be inside either scrubbing so hard her fingers bled or bleeding all over their cheap carpet because her mother needed to let off steam. But regardless, Jane didn't speak up her brother's little speech. She let him control the narration of their shared childhood. 

The crowd was getting restless, but Jerome ignored them and continued. "Do you know how big those things are, folks?" The crowd stopped. "But I know something that Mommy and Daddy," He turned to Jeremiah, who glared fiercely back. "They never knew. You're as crazy as I am."