chapter twenty

PLEASE KEEP COMMENTING YOUR REACTIONS TO THINGS THAT HAPPEN DURING THE CHAPTER AND JUST THE CHAPTER IN GENERAL

---------

               Jane walked into the G.C.P.D looking around the busy room. Not only did the cops use the precinct as a workplace still, but many of the civilians they saved found comfort there. Her eyes drifted throughout the room looking for the man that summoned her. Early that morning, before Jane left to go do her rounds throughout the city, a message from Jim Gordon got to her. He wanted her to come in. He had something very urgent to ask. 

Soon enough, she made eye contact and she made her way over to him. Several feet before she reached him, he noticed and nodded at her. She nodded back. When she got closer, Gordon decided to greet her. "Jane. I'm so glad you were able to make it on such short notice."

Jane nodded again. "Of course. You said it was urgent. Is everything okay?"

Gordon looked around before speaking. "Let's go somewhere a little more private. I have to show you something."

Jane followed closely behind as Gordon started asking her questions. "Has Jeremiah tried to contact you within the last three months?"

Jane nearly stopped walking. "No. It's been radio dead. Thank God. Why? What happened?"

They entered Gordon's office. Jane made sure the door was closed shut. They proceeded to the table. Jane's eyes widened. In front of her laid a map of the city, but this one had a creepy looking smile on it. However, the smile wasn't a normal line, instead it was created with a ton of capital "HA HA HA"s. 

"What the-"

Gordon swiftly took over. "We have a reasonable suspicion that he is going to try something very soon. I thought he would try to reach out to you. But I'm glad to know he didn't."

Jane's heart started beating. She had a sneaking suspicion that he was, watching over her to see if she did anything bad. But she didn't want to be right. Being right was worse than being crazy and paranoid. Jane thought back to all of her rounds in the city, trying to remember if she saw anything that reminded her of him. Finally, she shook her head. "I haven't see any trace of him. I've looked nearly everywhere but he's trying to stay underground probably. He's definitely planning something big."

--------------------------

The night was eerily peaceful as Bruce and Jane walked up to an abandoned park. They were here to find someone named The Witch, who would be able to heal Selina. Bruce was very determined when he came to Jane to convince her to come. He didn't even notice the girl was freaked out about the whole possibility of Jeremiah planning something big, and inevitably coming for Jane once again. He would probably kill her this time. 

The fear of possibly seeing him again made Jane want to crawl into her bed and never come out. He wouldn't be able to get her if she was hiding in the green zone, refusing to leave. But the idea of being a sitting duck scared her even more. 

But regardless, Jane let Bruce drag her with him. 

They were walking up to the empty building, very carefully. Jane was extremely suspicious of the place. Why was a place like this so peaceful? Out of all the chaos that had happened the last three months, how was this a little safe haven? Jane didn't trust it.