chapter seven

PLEASE KEEP COMMENTING YOUR REACTIONS TO THINGS THAT HAPPEN DURING THE CHAPTER AND JUST THE CHAPTER IN GENERAL

---------

        It was when the red flashing lights went on that Jane knew it was her time to shine. Tonight was the break out and there was a lot to do. They all had to pull their weight for it to work. Jane had been laying on her bed, all relaxed when her cue went. She rose, feeling excited and suddenly claustrophobic by her cell. She was finally getting out of her. This would be the last time she would be confined to these four walls. This would be the last time she would be locked up with psychos. She could start her life again. A little different, considering how she had grown to be now. 

She made her way to her cell door and looked out to the guard standing in front. Her hands went around the bars and she prepared herself to turn him into her slave. Jane ducked her head down and started crying, softly at first and then louder and louder.

She started shaking her head side to side. "No. No. No." She repeated to herself. 

The guard looked around at her, frowning. He was clearly confused. Why was she crying? And why did all of sudden this known murderer he was standing guard for look so vulnerable? She was starting to remind her of a little girl, his guilt, unknowingly increasing.

Slowly, Jane rose her head to make eye contact with him. Tears were collecting around her big green eyes, which she made bigger to resemble a deer. Her lip was protruding just slightly. "I feel so trapped." A tear rolled down her face. "I'm so scared. Please, please help me." The man's face softened. "Let me out."

The man stood in front of her feeling really conflicted. He couldn't just let her out.. or could he? This young girl reminded him so much of his own daughter, so cute, innocent. Maybe she didn't really deserve to be in here. She was nothing like the others in here. Maybe she was framed.

The man didn't know what he was doing before he reached to his key and pulled it out. The key fit perfectly in the lock as he turned and the door opened right in front of him. He didn't flinch or become alarmed as she inched closer to him, until they were about a foot apart. 

Jane kept the eye contact between them as her hand went to his waist, grabbing his gun carefully. She let a single tear run down her face again as she pulled the gun up and swiftly shot him in the head. He fell instantly.

Jane stared at him, emotionless. She looked down at the gun before abandoning it. She felt very satisfied with herself. Whatever it took to free her, she would do. 

"Nicely done, sis."

Jane kept her eyes on the man as she replied to her brother. "It's truly interesting what a man would be for a doe eyed little girl."

When she finally looked back to where her brother called out to her, she saw him standing in the middle of a trio. The other two of the trio were the other criminals Jerome approved of to help with his plan. One was Jervis Tetch, a hypnotic psycho who only spoke in rhymes and the other was a masked man who went by the name Scarecrow. They both gave Jane the creeps.

But nevertheless, she smiled at them before speaking again. "Let's get out of here and show Gotham what Arkham is made of."

--------------------------

"Are you sure you haven't heard from your niece or nephew, Mr. Trumble?"