Chapter 3

"Relax Ella," Ryder cooed the next morning while I paced the living room floor, folding and then unfolding my arms every few seconds and biting my bottom lip.

"What if something has happened?" I snapped back, beginning to hyperventilate. He had promised to call every single day so that we both knew the other was safe and he still hadn't called.

That meant something was wrong.

"He could be hurt... or dead. God, what if he's dead?" I continued. "I can't live without him Ryder, I love him and we are supposed to be marrying and if he is-." I cut myself off and whipped my head around to face the front door.

The scent was overpowering as it slammed into my nostrils and my blood boiled. "Son of a bitch," I cursed through clenched teeth, storming out of the door and across the territory.

Behind me, Ryder called my name but I ignored him and charged in the direction of the woods. As soon as I laid eyes on him, a deep roar ripped out of my throat. "You absolute bastard!" I screamed, reaching him and thwacking my hands against his chest repeatedly.

"Hey!" He held his hands up and allowed me to continue my attack with a frown on his face. The anger was flooding through my veins, making my eyes glow a golden colour while I pounded my fists into him over and over.

"You promised you would call every day! I thought you were dead Zach!" I screamed, tears welling in my eyes.

"Sweetheart, calm down baby," he called, clasping my hands in his.

I stared up at him, gobsmacked. "Calm down! You want me to calm down. God, you are so-." He shut my mouth with a scorching kiss that I submit to immediately.

I had forgotten what his lips felt like, sealed over mine. I sucked and bit and licked at his lips like they were the first meal I had eaten in years.

"None of my arguments end like that." I heard a voice mutter but was too lost in my fiancé's tongue. Eventually, I had to come up for air and rested my forehead to his while pants of breath puffed out from between my lips.

"I hate you," I murmured against his expert mouth.

"I don't believe you," he teased, pecking my lips gently. "I'm sorry, my phone died," he told me and I frowned.

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh. There weren't exactly any phone chargers or plug sockets in the middle of nowhere. I came home as soon as I could."

I reached up to brush my hand across his stubbled jaw. "You need to shave," I whispered.

"I missed you too beautiful." He smirked. I finally relaxed into his arms and buried my head in his chest. His musky scent completely engulfed me, flooding me with warmth.

"I really did miss you." I grinned, clasping his hand and bringing it to my lips. His fingers twiddled around my engagement ring and a smile crossed his face.

"What about me? Did you miss me little sister?" A similar deep voice asked with amusement lacing his tone.

I turned towards his wide smirk and laughed. "I did." I threw my arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. "I'm so glad you guys are home."

"Me too," he whispered against my cheek.

I glanced over Liam's shoulder to see his older looking doppelgänger leaning casually against a tree with a familiar faint smirk sprawled across his face. I made contact with those vibrant blue eyes that looked so much like Zach and Liam's, they twinkled in the sunlight and were outlined with traces of crows feet.