Chapter 41

"I cannot believe I let you talk me into this," Zach grumbled as he pulled off his t-shirt and tossed it onto the ground.

For a moment, I stared at him, drooling over his flexed abs as he reached up to retrieve a fresh shirt from the closet. He shrugged the crisp shirt on and it clung tightly to his large muscles, causing a pit of need to form deep in my stomach.

A smirk crossed Zach's face as his eyes flickered over to meet mine. "El?" He called, shaking me out of my daze.

"Hm?" I met his sparkling eyes and frowned.

"I could think of much better ways for us to spend tonight you know," he told me, taking a few steps towards me, his shirt still unbuttoned so I could see his abs ripple with every step. "Much better ways."

I reached my hand out to run along his ripped stomach and up to his chest where his heart thumped beneath my palm. "Like?" I asked him breathlessly.

In seconds, he had knocked me off my feet so I was lay on my back on the bed, gazing up at him longingly. He bent over me, colliding his lips with mine and pressing his entire body against me so I could feel every hard muscle against my skin.

"Let's stay home," he murmured against my lips, reminding me that we were supposed to be getting ready to leave.

"And miss Liam being well behaved?" I questioned a little breathlessly. "Besides, it might be fun, everyone we know is going to be there... even Chris is going."

Zach rolled his eyes and pulled away from where he was sprawled across me. "I'd much rather have sex but fine," he grunted, making me giggle.

"There's no reason we can't do both tonight," I responded, rolling off the bed to resume getting ready.

He smirked and finished buttoning up his shirt. I saw him appear behind me in the mirror while I applied some mascara to my lashes and then dabbed a little lipstick on. "You look beautiful by the way," he muttered from behind me, his eyes locked on the piece of curled hair he had wrapped around his finger. I smiled at our reflections as he dropped my hair and moved to tuck his head into the crook of my neck. "I especially like the dress from this angle," he chuckled, staring shamelessly down the front of me.

I reached up and lightly slapped his cheek, rolling my eyes at him while he laughed. "Let's hope nobody at this party will be too tall, I don't want anyone seeing what I can see," he continued, lowering his hands to rest on my hips. He gave them a quick squeeze and pecked my cheek before raising to his full height.

"Let's get going," I said, rising to my feet beside him. "I told Chris that we would meet him and Liam outside and the four of us would go together."

He nodded, taking my hand and kissing it softly before leading me out of the room. When we got outside, Chris and Liam were already out there, waiting for us. Chris was dressed in a pair of simple black jeans and a black shirt while beside him, Liam was wearing dark blue jeans, a white shirt and a black tie and blazer.

As we approached them, Zach laughed aloud. "What's with the tie?" He asked. "I didn't realise we were heading to a formal dinner party."

Liam frowned while Chris chuckled. "I told you," he said to his younger brother with a grin.

"Fine," Liam huffed, tugging the tie away from his neck and tossing it into a nearby bush. "Better?" He asked.

"Lose the blazer as well," Zach told him before climbing into the car.

Liam rolled his eyes and shrugged off the blazer before meeting my eyes. "Not a word," he growled before following Zach's lead and jumping into the car before I could even open my mouth.

I grinned at Chris and followed suit, getting into the back of the car beside Zach. "So..," I started, a grin on my face, "I guess this means I was right."

Zach raised an eyebrow at me from my side while Liam snarled from the front seat. "No."

"No?" I asked, my brows raising. "I wasn't right about you liking Lexi?"

He simply snarled louder, making me giggle. The subject soon changed and we chatted for a little while before we were soon pulling up outside the town hall where the party was held. I spotted Alexia's car across the car park and pointed it out to the others, knowing she was picking up Jordan, Liv and Olly and then Ryder was bringing Blake, Caroline and Mason.

Zach rounded the car and opened my door for me, making me smile as I took his hand and slid out of the car. "Thank you."

He grinned and held onto my hand as the two of us crossed the car park and met up with the others. "Hey," I called, waving as they all jumped out the car and approached us.

Once we were all gathered around in the car park, I scanned our surroundings to make sure nobody else was near us and then cleared my throat. "Right, you guys all need to remember we are on human territory now. So blend in and please be careful."

They all nodded before Lexi grinned. "Let's go!"

She ushered us all inside the town hall, grinning widely at the large number of people already inside. "Do you want a drink?" Liam asked her, pulling her away from the group. I grinned up at Zach who wiggled his brows at the two.

"Oh, hey guys!" A voice suddenly called from behind us and we all turned to see James approaching the group, a confused smile on his face. "Mason," he grinned and patted Mason on the back before scanning the rest of us.

He did a double take as his eyes met Zach's and I felt Zach's hands tighten around mine before James looked away. "Glad you guys could make it."

With that, he turned to greet the next group of people entering through the main doors and I sighed, turning to meet Zach's frown. "Will you chill?" I asked.

"I don't like the guy," he muttered in response, watching him closely.

"Why not?" Chris asked from beside us and Zach simply shrugged before leaving to get us drinks.

"They got into a fight back when Zach attended high school," I told him and his eyes widened. "I can't remember what about but he managed to wind Zach up enough that he almost lost control in front of the entire school."

"Oh," Chris answered, his gaze fixated behind me. "Hey look." He nodded towards the back of the room and I turned to see Lexi and Liam leaning into each other, whispering and laughing.

I couldn't help but smile. "I bet you $10 they make out tonight," I challenged Chris, turning to see him considering it before he nodded.

"You're on."