Chapter 24

"I don't know what to wear," I whined, practically inside the wardrobe rummaging through all the clothes hanging from the rail. I was close to the end now and hadn't found a single appropriate item.

I turned to see Zach sat on the bed, his attention entirely on his phone. "Zach!" I snapped, scowling over at him.

He glanced up and raised an eyebrow. "What?" He asked with a frown.

"I don't know what to wear!" I repeated with a huff.

He chuckled and tossed his phone aside. "I don't know baby, how about wearing my clothes?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes at him before continuing to sift through my clothes. "That's not going to happen," I muttered.

He sighed behind me. "I don't like it," he grumbled, "you'll be drunk and there will be all these guys around." I turned back to see a frown set on his lips. "At least if you were wearing my clothes they would know to keep their hands off."

I laughed aloud and climbed onto the bed with him. I shook my head in amusement and pressed my lips to his. "Relax," I said against his mouth, "Nothing is going to happen."

He pulled me closer to him and held me tightly against his chest. "That better be true," he growled.

"What about you? I don't trust Liam to keep your night low key," I laughed, rolling my eyes and taking his hand in mine.

He shrugged. "I couldn't care less about anyone except you," he stated firmly, stroking his thumb across my knuckles.

I smiled and pressed my lips to his briefly before moving away. "Come on, what are you wearing?" I asked, going back to the wardrobe.

"This," he grunted, gesturing to his scruffy jeans and t-shirt.

I laughed and shook my head. "You can't wear that," I said with a shake of my head.

Before he could reply, there was a ring at the doorbell before voices sounded from downstairs. "Incoming," I muttered, raising an eyebrow at him.

He laughed and placed his phone down just before the stampede all charged through the open bedroom door. "Hey," Lexi exclaimed before a frown took over her features. "Why aren't you ready?"

"Because I have nothing to wear," I grumbled.

She grinned widely. "I'll be back in a minute," she sang before disappearing down the stairs.

"Oh great," I muttered.

Zach laughed and kissed the top of my head. "Can I do your hair?" Jordan blinked over at me and I frowned, not being able to say no to my best friend.

"Fine." I nodded, dropping into the chair pushed up to the dressing table.

"And we will do your makeup," Caroline said, turning towards Liv who was already rummaging through the items on my dresser.

"I'm going to change," Zach said behind me, grabbing some clean jeans from the wardrobe and a nicer shirt. He disappeared while the girls started dabbing at my face and returned in a pair of dark jeans and a dark shirt. "Better?"

"Definitely," I answered, eyeing him in the mirror.

He rolled his eyes and watched in silence as my face was transformed. "Done," Caroline said, smiling proudly down at my face.

"Me too." Jordan dropped the last strand of perfectly curled hair so it fell loosely around my face. "What do you think?" She asked, turning to Zach.

I smiled as he eyed me with a smile on his face. "Nope," he said with a shake of his head, making Jordan frown. "There is no way you are going out like that."