Chapter 29

Zach and I returned to the house in a comfortable silence, our hands constantly joined. The sun had long set and the crescent moon shone overhead. We stepped into the house and without a word, made our way up the stairs.

Neither one of us attempted to break the tranquility by speaking. Instead, Zach approached the windows and drew the curtains, shutting out the light of the moon and leaving us standing in the dark.

I waited with a thundering heart as I heard him move closer until his hands landed on my waist. My breath caught in my throat as he leaned in to kiss me, sealing his lips over mine as softly as he ever had.

Slowly, his hands left my waist and one moved up to my cheek while the other took my own shaky hands and clasped around them.

"You're shaking," he whispered, his voice soft and close to my ear.

I let out a sharp gasp of breath. "I'm nervous," I told him with a soft laugh. The sound of my heart pounding seemed to be the only sound in the room as I clung to him, waiting for him to say something.

"Nervous?" He dropped my hands and held my face in both of his, brushing the pad of his thumb across my cheeks. "Why?"

Again, I laughed humourlessly. "I don't know... this just feels different," I answered him, mindlessly twiddling the ring around my finger.

His lips seemed to find mine through the darkness with ease, like they were drawn to them. His kisses were soft and gentle and he moved slowly, taking his time to run his hands back down from my face to my hips.

Gently, he detached his mouth and turned me so my back was to him. "Why does it feel different?" He asked in a firm but quiet whisper.

"I don't know."

I trembled as his hands rose back up my body before stopping at my shoulders. His strong fingers lightly brushed my hair aside and stroked along the bare skin at the top of my back. "Yes, you do."

I swallowed, the feeling of his skin against mine and the demanding tone to his voice only emphasising my nerves. I attempted to turn back to face him but his hands held me in place. "I just..." I sighed and allowed my eyes to fall closed while Zach continued to caress my skin. "There's more pressure," I told him, my voice weak.

Warm air suddenly brushed over my ear. "We don't have to do anything," he told me before pressing a kiss to the shell of my ear.

"I want to," I protested instantly. I had been looking forward to this for weeks. "I'm just scared."

His lips moved down to my neck before gliding along my shoulders and the top of my back. "Did I mention," he murmured against my skin, "that I love this dress?"

I smiled as his fingers played with the hem. "You did," I answered.

Suddenly the sound of the zip sliding reached my ears and the top of the dress loosened. "It's beautiful," he said absentmindedly while lowering the zip.

Goosebumps appeared on my skin as he continued to unzip the dress. When he reached the end, the white material hung loosely around my body, the only thing holding it up were the thin straps.

The tips of Zach's fingers trailed back up to my shoulders before brushing the straps aside and letting the dress pool at my feet in a heap. "I like it even more now," Zach said behind me before turning me around and kissing me.

I smiled against his lips, feeling his hands sliding up and down my body over the thin lingerie that hardly covered anything. When he pulled away, I realised my eyes had adjusted to the darkness and I could see his shadowed face staring down at me with sheer intensity. "I am so damn lucky."

My smile widened and I reached up to peck his lips. "My turn?" I asked, brushing my hand through his soft hair.

I then lowered them to his shoulders and stroked the material of his jacket. "This really is a nice suit," I commented with a nod.

"Yeah?"

I nodded, ignoring the smirk on his face and shrugging the jacket off of his shoulders. "Yeah," I said, eyeing him in just his shirt and tie while the jacket was thrown onto the floor alongside my dress.

I ran my hands up and down his chest a couple of times, pausing to hold my palm against the beat of his heart. "Are you sure you aren't nervous as well?" I questioned, feeling the hammering beat beneath my hand.

"Not nervous," he said, leaning down to take my lips in his. "Thats just the effect you have on me," he mumbled into my mouth, sucking and biting at my bottom lip for a moment before pulling away and smirking down at me.

I stared into his eyes for a moment before reaching up and tugging roughly on his tie, forcing his face to lower so I could recapture his lips. "Good," I said against his lips. He kissed me back with just as much need before I swiped my tongue along his lower lip and then pulled away.

I loosened the tie enough to drag it over his head and soon it joined the growing pile of clothes while he kicked his shoes off. I pecked his lips again while my fingers found the top button of his shirt. "I love you," I told him.

I moved to the next button and undid it before pressing a kiss to his skin. I continued to undo the buttons and kiss down his chest until the last button popped open and I was tearing his shirt away. "Much better."

With a grin, I lowered my fingers further to the button of his suit trousers but before I could, I was lifted off of my feet and dropped onto the bed. "Hey!" I pouted up at Zach who pinned me to the bed.

"You had your turn," he told me.

I watched with hitched breath as he stepped backwards and removed the rest of his clothes himself, all while keeping his eyes locked on me. I was completely frozen under his intense gaze, unable to move a muscle until he was climbing back onto the bed above me.

Again, butterflies swarmed my stomach and my heart skipped in my chest. All the power had been transitioned back to him and I was left in submission beneath him.

His eyes flashed a sizzling amber colour. "I'm so glad you're mine," he growled lowly, powerful waves of dominance and possession emitting from him.

While usually, my own instinct would be to fight against him and claim dominance as Alpha, this time I couldn't. Every bone in my body ached to submit to him, to be his. "Me too," I whispered back, my voice cracking.

He smirked. "And I'm yours."

My own eyes glowed yellow as I grinned. "You always were," I promised before our lips clashed once again.