Chapter 23

"I can't believe we are getting married on Friday," I beamed, grinning to myself. I snuggled further beneath the bed covers, burying my face in my pillow to protect my eyes from the intense sunlight.

"Me neither," Zach called back to me from the bathroom. A moment later he reentered the room and leant against the doorframe. From the corner of my eye, I saw him gazing down at me in amusement. "Are you going to get up?"

I took and long, deep breath and sunk further into the warmth of the bed. "Nope," I answered, "I'm moping."

The thumping sound of his footsteps approaching had me shrinking further into the duvet. "And why is that?"

I grumbled and rolled over to find his smirking face inches away from mine. He had positioned himself above me with his weight resting on his hands and knees either side of me.

I huffed. "Because we are getting married in three days and I have a bad feeling," I sighed, "we aren't exactly lucky."

He sighed and dropped all his weight onto me. I groaned aloud, his bulky body crushing my limbs and forcing all the air out of my body. "Get off," I groaned, wriggling beneath him.

He grinned. "I'm not going to let anything ruin our wedding. I promise," he said, reaching up and pressing his lips to mine. "I love you."

I couldn't help but smile. "I love you too."

A smirk crossed his face before he rolled off of me. I watched in suspicion before he grabbed my ankles and pulled me off the bed with one swift tug. "Hey!" He laughed above me as I dropped onto the floor with a thud. "Asshole," I said under my breath.

He chuckled and threw on his t-shirt while I scrambled onto my feet. "Its so hot," I grumbled, taking off one of his shirts that I had slept in and dressing into a pair of thin shorts and a tank top.

"I know, hopefully its cooler on Friday. I think I will pass out in my suit before you get to the end of the aisle," he grumbled, smirking over at me.

I frowned at the sound of the doorbell ringing from downstairs. "Who's that?" I mumbled rhetorically, passing Zach and heading down the stairs.

"Urgh," he groaned behind me, "its probably Liam. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of giving us some space."

I turned and grinned at him, rolling my eyes in his direction before opening the front door. "Oh, hey," I said, smiling up at Caroline who stood on our front porch with a frown on her face.

"Hey." She smiled up at me sheepishly, causing me to frown in confusion. "Can I come in?"

I nodded and stepped aside, allowing her to brush past me and Zach and head towards the living room. "Whats up?" I asked as I followed her through the house.

"I need to ask you a favour," she mumbled, dropping onto the sofa with a huff.

I frowned when again, she sent me a guilty smile. "Whats the favour?"

"I know you said Mason needs to limit his time here with the war and everything but can he stay on the territory until the wedding?" She rushed out, keeping her gaze locked on the ground and biting her lip.

I sighed and folded my arms over my chest. "I don't think its a good idea," I said, knowing the pack weren't fans of humans at the moment and not wanting my friend to be eaten alive.

"I know but its an emergency," she protested.

I raised a brow. "What kind of emergency?"

"He got into a fight with his mom, packed and stormed out and then remembered he wasn't allowed to come here," she said.