Chapter 16

Three places later, we were sat around a new seamstress, Clair, a little tipsy from the champagne and starving. "After this, I vote we grab food," I said, sending a pleading look to Lexi.

"Agreed." She nodded and I breathed a sigh of relief.

The first few places didn't work out well with nearly all of their dresses looking like they were straight out of the 18th century. I looked like a china doll in most of them and at the second place, a moth flew out of the sleeve while I was wearing it.

This place however, was a lot more modern and also did bridesmaids dresses so I was praying I could get all the dresses here and be done.

"And what colour are we having for the bridesmaids?" Clair asked, making notes for us before she started to put something together.

The girls all looked to me and I shrugged. "Whatever colour you guys want," I said, completely unbothered.

"How about pink?" Lexi suggested and I snorted.

"Not a chance in hell," Caroline growled, shaking her head firmly. I smirked at the look of defeat on Lexis face but soon, another idea sparked.

"Yellow? It would be so beautiful," she exclaimed and I watched Liv turn up her nose.

"Ew." She shuddered, shaking her head.

"What about blue?" Jordan suggested, looking to me. "Its Ella's favourite colour, the guys wont mind coordinating and its a really pretty colour for dresses."

I smiled, liking the idea and the rest of the girls seemed to agree. "Blue it is," I said, shooting Jordan a grin.

Clair nodded and headed into the back room to pull five long white dresses. "Here," she said, handing them to me, "these all have at least one aspect you said you wanted, they are simple and modern but elegant and I think they would be beautiful on you. Try those on while I have a look for some blue dresses."

I nodded and headed into the large cubicle with Jordan behind me. After the first place, I had realised how difficult it was to put on these huge dresses alone so had taken my best friend in with me at every place since.

The first one was a faded white, almost ivory colour that had see through, sheer sleeves. The dress was shaped around the bodice and then had a hoop around my waist, making the skirt flow outwards.

I stepped out to see the girls and held my arms out. "Thoughts?" I asked, spinning on the spot so they could see the whole thing.

"I don't really like the colour," Lexi said, shaking her head. "I think white suites you better."

"Me too," Liv nodded and I nodded in agreement.

"It's not very flattering," Caroline said and Jordan nodded to me in affirmation.

"Its a no," I concluded, agreeing with their opinions. Jordan followed me back inside and helped me out of it before I slid into the next one.

This dress was a low cut, completely plain dress. The material was thick, causing it to hang straight down with absolutely no shaping.

"I like it... but not that much," I said to Jordan who nodded.

"Lexi will definitely say no and its not really that nice. Skip?" She asked and I nodded, dropping it to my heels and then stepping out of it.

The third dress was the most decorative so far with small flowers around the shoulders over sheer material sleeves. The neckline was quite low and the whole bodice and skirt was laced.

I stepped out to see Lexi grinning. "Yes!" She exclaimed. "I love it."

I raised an eyebrow at the other two. "What about you guys?"

"It's nice," Caroline agreed.

"I just don't think its really you," Liv added.

"Yeah, its a bit too much for your style, I think," Caroline agreed and I nodded.

"That's what I thought."

The fourth dress took me a little longer to get on and when it was, I smiled. "I like this one," I said to Jordan who grinned.

When I stepped out, the girls all wore matching grins and nodded. "Yes! Its perfect," Alexia stated, nodding enthusiastically.

"I agree," Caroline said.

"Yeah, Ella you look incredible," Liv told me, smiling widely and I nodded.

"I love it. This is definitely the one. This is going to be my wedding dress," I decided and they all cheered, relief flooding their faces.

Claire bagged the dress and I held onto it while the girls went for their fittings and then Claire came back with 6 examples. "Do you want all the dresses to match or will there be different styles?" She asked me.

"I think you guys are going to want different things so how about same shade of blue but different styles?" I suggested and they all agreed.

She firstly showed us a range of different shades of blue and we ended up selecting a dark teal colour that they all agreed was the nicest.

In the end, Lexi ended up with a gorgeous backless mermaid shaped dress that outlined her beautiful figure. The dress was a halter neck dress with a dainty silver belt around the waist.

Jordans dress was much more simple, which I had expected. The dress had only one strap that was made from ruffled material and then it wrapped tightly around her body before flowing from her waist.

Caroline and Liv wore similar dresses. Carolines was a low cut dress with a cut out just below the breast and then a long, flowing skirt. Liv's was exactly the same except her cut out wasn't below the breasts but was up the one side of the skirt, exposing her leg up to her mid thigh.

"I love it," Lexi exclaimed after everyone had changed back into their clothes and we were heading out the store. "I love it so much."

"Me too," Liv agreed. "We are all going to look so sexy."

A grin crossed Carolines face. "I can't wait to show Mason."

I rolled my eyes and dropped our bagged up dresses into the back of the car. "I'm glad you all like your dresses," I told them. "Now can we please eat? I'm starving."

"Okay," Lexi giggled and jumped into the front of the car, pulling away whilst I searched through my bag for my phone.

"Hey," Zach answered after the second ring and I grinned. "How did it go?"

"Good," I told him. "It took a while but I have a dress and so do the girls," I said.

"Thats great, are you on your way back?"

"We are just leaving but are going to get food on the way back so don't wait up," I said. "When I get back I am going to need the number of guys in the bridal party so I can ring the lady who gave the girls their dresses. She is going to make you all matching ties so please think about how many you will want."

"Okay baby," he said, "I'll let you know later. Enjoy your food and I will see you in a little while."

"See you later, love you."

"I love you too," he said before ending the call just as Lexi pulled into a parking space at a small, quaint restaurant.