Chapter 15

"When Lexi decided she wanted to help plan the wedding, I assumed that in a few weeks or so she had maybe considered a location or date or something," I grumbled, trying to stuff my feet into my trainers. "I did not expect her to want to go dress shopping the day after we decided to go with it and already have a million ideas for flower arrangements."

Beside me, Zach laughed. "She's excited," he said, raising his eyebrows at me in his usual daring manner. "And besides, I'm surprised your not thrilled that its mostly out of your hands."

I grumbled and trudged to the mirror. "I am, I'm just not the kind of girl to get hung up on floral arrangements and she isn't going to stop nagging me until I show some sort of enthusiasm for something."

In my reflection, I saw Zach laugh over my shoulder before moving to stand behind me. I dragged my hairbrush through my matted locks, grumbling in irritation when the brush got tangled in the mess.

With a sigh, Zach detached my hands from the handle and took the brush himself, removing it from the knot with ease and then running it through my hair.

"You need to relax sweetheart," he told me, placing a kiss on my shoulder. "You are just going shopping with your friends for a dress... and you love shopping."

"True." I smiled at him in our reflection as he detangled my hair and then wrapped his arm around my waist. "I just want to get all the planning over and done with and get on with just marrying you."

"Me too," he said, kissing my cheek softly.

From behind us, my phone started to buzz and I grumbled before detaching myself from Zach's arms and answering it.

"I'll be out in a second," I told Jordan before ending the call and clasping Zach's lips with mine. "See you later."

"Have fun," he teased, kissing me back with equal amounts of passion.

"Maybe while we are out, you and the guys can do whatever it is the groom does in preparation for the wedding," I suggested however it came out as more of a plead.

"Sure." He chuckled and handed me my purse before walking down the stairs with me. At the door, he kissed me one last time before I hopped down the steps and jumped into the back of Lexis car.

I waved to Zach as she pulled away and then turned to my friends. "Hey," I said to Caroline who was frowning about being squished in between Liv and I.

"Excited El?" Lexi called from the drivers seat, a huge grin on her face.

"Ecstatic," I mumbled, making Caroline and Liv laugh while Lexi started to babble about cakes and photographers. "I will literally pay you $50 to change the subject," I hissed in Carolines ear.

She grinned and cleared her throat. "Hey Lex," she called and thankfully, Alexia heard through her bubble of happiness. She paused and looked in her rear view mirror. "Whats going on with you and Liam?"

I grinned as blush crossed Lexis face. "I don't know," she admitted, "we are spending more time together but its not like we are getting married any time soon. Not like Ella," she said and I groaned, leaning back in my chair.

"I tried," Caroline hissed under her breath and I scoffed, tuning out Lexis chatter about weddings.

"Actually Lex!" I called after a while. "I have been thinking about what you said yesterday," I told her, earning a grin.

"About an outdoor wedding?" She asked.

"No."

"About having everything candle lit?"

"No, about-."

"Oh! About having chicken as your main meal?"

"No Lex," I grumbled, "about Jordan being my maid of honour."

"Oh." She glanced at Jordan in the passenger seat and then back to me in the mirror. "What about it?"

"Well you know I love you Jord but I love all of you so I was talking with Zach last night and we decided not to have a maid of honour or a best man. He wants both of his brothers with him and I want all of you with me," I explained.

"Great!" She grinned. "So we are all getting dresses today?"

"Yep." I grinned and Caroline and Liv turned to me, scowls sprawled on their faces. I grinned back at them. "I'm taking you all down with me," I teased and Caroline dug her elbow into my side while I laughed.

After a long journey, Alexia pulled up outside a large, antique looking dress shop. Long white gowns hung in the window, some looking fresh and pristine while others looked as if they had been there for over a century.

"I have 5 shops on the list, this one has the best reviews so we will start here but it doesn't do bridesmaids dresses so we will have to go somewhere else," Lexi explained, hopping out of the car.

"Yay," Caroline muttered and I laughed, linking arms with her as we crossed the car park.

A small bell above the door tinkled as we stepped inside and a small, middle aged woman greeted us with a wide smile that caused crows feet to appear on her face. "Hello, welcome," she called, ushering us further inside.

"Hi, we are here to look at wedding dresses, my name is Alexia and I booked earlier this morning for a fitting," Lexi explained and the woman beamed.

"Oh yes! Congratulations, when is the big day?" She asked while tapping on the computer.

"Oh no." Lexi waved her hands frantically. "I'm not the bride, my friend is," she said, pointing to me.

I smiled at the woman who beamed back at me. "Fantastic, come with me." We followed her through into a back room where a tall, slim twenty something woman was straightening a dress on a mannequin.

"This is Tara, she will take your measurements and help you find any dresses that are your style. Can I get the rest of you drinks?" She offered and the girls all nodded.

Half an hour later, I was standing in my underwear with material wrapped around my torso so tightly, I couldn't breathe.

"You were right Lexi, this is fun," Liv commented, taking another sip of her champagne while I choked on the lack of air flowing through my lungs. She grinned at me and I shot her a glare, my eyes flashing yellow while Tara was pinning the material at my back.

"How does that feel?" She asked me.

"A bit tight," I admitted, my voice a little high pitched.

"It's supposed to be," she laughed, "it pulls in fat to provide a slim look for your wedding day," she explained and I frowned at her implication that I was fat.

"Right... well I want to make it through my wedding day without suffocating so maybe something a little looser?" I suggested and with a sigh, the woman undid the white material and vanished into another room.

I stepped down off the podium and grabbed Jordans untouched champagne. "What a bitch," I mumbled before downing the entire glass.

Jordan laughed softly beside me. "I'm sure that's not what she meant," she said softly and I shot her a look.

"That's because you see the best in people," I reminded her.

She shrugged in reply and I groaned when Tara reappeared with five dresses. "Great," I muttered, handing the glass back to my best friend before snatching the dresses and heading to the changing room.