Chapter 4 - Khushi first day of school!

Raj sat on the bed, he covered Khushi with the blanket, and then glanced at his wife.

"Are you upset?" he asked.

"I'm hurt with the way Radhika spoke about Khushi.." she replied.

"Ratna you know how Radhika is.. She will always say something like that.. That was expected.." Raj consoled her.

"I didn't like it Raj.. I know she doesn't like me, but it doesn't give her any right to say that I'm opening an orphanage and giving you trouble and all that.. We both decided that we will adopt Khushi..we are ready for it.. Then what's the problem?" Ratna frowned.

Raj nodded, he kissed her forehead: You're right.. She shouldn't have commented like that.. I will talk with her about this..

Ratna smiled, "Thank you for understanding me.."

A knock disturbed their conversation.

Ratna went to open the door, "Arnav.. Didn't you sleep dear?"

"Mumma I wanted to ask you something.." Arnav looked up to her.

"Haan ask na.." Ratna lifted him and took him inside the room.

"Urghh mumma.. I'm not a baby anymore.." he struggled to come out of her arms.

Ratna giggled and placed him on the bed.

Raj: Why didn't you sleep yet Arnav?

Arnav: Woh.. Mumma you still didn't told me where is Khushi's mumma?

Ratna looked at Raj, Raj pulled Arnav to his lap.

Raj: Arnav Khushi's mumma went to meet DM..

Arnav's eyes widened: In the sky?

Raj nodded: Yes.. Sometimes without informing DM call us to meet her..

Arnav: Then won't she come back now?

Raj nodded sideways: She won't.. DM now give the responsibility to take care of Khushi to you..

Arnav: Really.. I will take care of my Baby papa.. But.. Baby will always cry for her mumma na, please tell her mumma to come back..

Raj caressed his back, "Look Arnav.. Isn't DM a mother to all of us?.."

Arnav nodded his head.

"Then when you go to your mother, do you feel like leaving her anytime?" Raj asked.

Arnav looked at his mother with a smile, "No. I want to stay with my mother all my life.."

"Then that's what Khushi's mother is doing. She is staying with her mother now.. " Raj smiled.

"But Khushi too wants her mumma.." Arnav pouted.

"I'm her mumma now Arnav.. We will be her family.." Ratna said.

Arnav: It's sad that Khushi's mumma will never return but I'm happy that Khushi will stay with me forever..

He kissed Khushi's forehead and jumped off the bed, running again to his room.

Raj and Ratna looked at each other smiling.
****************************************
4 years later.. (Arnav is ten years old and Khushi, six years old)

"Why can't Mumma come with me?" she held his hand, stopping him from touching her hair.

"Because I'm with you Baby.." he said staring at her.

"I'm scared.." she pouted.

"Everyone gets scared on their first day to school Khushi! But you will like it.." he smiled.