Chapter 10 - Diwali!

Arnav's room:

Khushi opened the door of his room, with her teddy bear on her hand.

She sat on Arnav's bed, and snatched the phone from his hand.

Arnav was laid on the bed engrossed on his phone, but was disturbed by his Princess.

"Arnav sleep!! Mumma told you to rest.. You hurt your elbow and still on your phone?" Khushi scolded him.

Arnav smiled staring at her, "Oyee who gave you the right to scold me?"

Khushi smiled embarrassed and looked down, "I am sorry Arnav.. But mumma told you to sleep.."

Arnav lifted her chin, and made her look at him: Cute baby you can scold me.. It's your right ok?

Khushi nodded sideways: I can't scold you.. You're elder to me..

Arnav rolled his eyes, and it will be difficult to explain her a new thing, when he was the one who first explained to her that she shouldn't disrespect the elders.

"Yes you shouldn't scold me because I'm elder to you.. But in circumstances like this you can.." Arnav said.

"Arnav I didn't understand anything you said now.." Khushi looked at him confused.

"Okay.. Let me explain it better to you.." he said and made space for her to sit beside him on the bed.

Khushi sat with him and rested her head on his lap.

Arnav stroke her hair gently, "I said to you that you shouldn't scold me because I'm elder to you.. Means that you shouldn't raise your voice on me.. You shouldn't disobey my words.. There is a time where you should know that we both aren't of the same age.. So there has to be respect in our relationship.. But you're my friend Baby.. And circumstances like this when I get hurt or something like this sort..you can scold me if I'm careless.. This isn't disrespect but it reflects your care on me.. That's the only difference.. Where one scolding you do purposely, and other is because of your care.. Did my baby understand now?"

Khushi nodded, "Yes I did Arnav.."

"Did you do your homework?" Arnav asked her.

"I did.." she said.

"Good.. Now go and sleep.. It's getting late.." he patted her back.

Khushi stood up and took her teddy bear and faced him waiting for his night wishes.

Arnav brushed his nose against her smiling, she reciprocated.

"Good night.." he said and kissed her forehead.. Doing this has become a habit for both. Now Khushi doesn't sleep if she doesn't get this from Arnav.

"Good night Arnav.. Take care of your wound.. If you feel pain, then call me and I will call Mumma.. You will get well soon.." Khushi hugged him with moist eyes, her best friend is hurt.

Arnav nodded and she went from there running.
*************************************
Days later..
It was Diwali and Ratna and Raj booked a grand hall to celebrate with family and friends.

Close friends of Arnav, Khushi, NK, Akash and Anjali joined them in the festival with their families also who were good friends of Raj or Ratna.

"Arnav go and check in the kitchen if there is more soft drinks.." his mother ordered him to.

"But mumma.. What is Di doing that she can't do this?" Arnav whined.

"Are you seeing your Di or Khushi here that I should ask for help? No right.. Then please go and do this favor for me.." Ratna pleaded him.