Chapter 11 - The heart breaking news!

The crackling sound of the fireworks startled Khushi.

She clutched Arnav's salwar burying her face on his chest.

"Do you want to go inside??" Arnav asked.

"Yes.. But I want to see the fireworks on the sky also.." Khushi pouted.

NK came running to them, "Khushi.. Bhai come let's play.. Let's scare the girls here with the bursting sound.."

"No NK.. Khushi is scared.. I'm taking her inside.." Arnav denied.

NK rolled his eyes, "Come on.."

Arnav: NK be careful you too. You might get hurt..

NK nodded: Are you sure Khushi you don't want to play? It will be fun.. Diwali comes once in a year you know..

"I'm scared of this loud sounds.. My head is aching now.." Khushi complained cutely.

Arnav caressed her forehead, "Let's go inside now.."

He said and guided her inside.

Khushi left the garden with a heavy heart as she also wanted to enjoy with her friends, but her fear was bigger.

Ratna stayed outside with the kids, keeping a watch on their moves.

Radhika looked around trying to spot Arnav and Khushi, but didn't see any of them.

"Aunty see.. Arnav isn't here anymore.." Preetika said making an upset face.

"Haan.. But he will come back and then you will play with him ok??" Radhika caressed her cheek faking a smile.

Preetika nodded and went to her friends.

Radhika rolled her eyes, "Now how will I tell you that Arnav doesn't accept other friends, he only wants his Khushi.. How irritating is that.. Radhika you have to do something to show this girl her real place.. Let her enjoy now.. My time will also come.."
****************************************
Arnav took Khushi to a room, it was dark and old one.

"Arnav why are we here? It's an old room.. And it's scary!!!" Khushi said shivering in fear.

"I'm here na.. You don't need to be scared Baby.." Arnav said holding her hand.

Both reached to the room's window.

It was closed, but they could see the fireworks on the sky from there.

"Now you can see the fireworks without the sound disturbing you.." Arnav said smiling and pointed to the sky.

Khushi smiled happily, "Yes.. I can see fireworks.. Arnav you're the best!! You always find solutions to my problems.."
***************************************
3 years later.. (Arnav-18 years old, and Khushi- 14 years old)

"Mumma.. Arnav will like it na??" Khushi asked smiling.

"Haan baby.. He will love this cake a lot.. You're baking it for him.." Ratna pinched her cheeks.

"Arnav will be so surprised hain na? .. He will say that he can't eat sweets.. Then I will say that this is a sugar free cake.. I specially baked it for him.." Khushi said clapping her hands excitedly.

Radhika came inside the kitchen smirking, "I so wish Arnav just throws this cake away in front of you.. Do you think this cake tastes good? It's horrible.. Are you doing this purposely to remind him that he is diabetic??"

Khushi gulped scared of the evil lady standing in front of her.

She looked down with teary eyes.