29

Eli's pov (:

"Are you kidding me?" I turned to Jake. He glanced up from his sandwich confused.

"Why would you encourage her acting like an idiot!?"

"Oh," he went back to his sandwich. "I just think she's growing up and I figured if all the guys she could've picked, he's probably gonna be the least of our worries. I mean, unless you want one of Dillon's slimy measles coming after her or you want her to rebel and go out with one of those emo kids who like her.." He was talking with his mouth full and every word was just ticking me off even more.

Probably because he was right. Jonny wouldn't be able to hurt Lea or Raina would kill him. I mean, she would try, but it's doubtful she'd beat me to it. Plus, he seemed to be gone a lot so hopefully this won't last. Maybe it'll be good for Lea. Maybe she'll get her heart broken and realize I was right and never try this again.

Probably not, BUT even if she doesn't I still get to whoop up on a 20 year old. So sounds like a deal to me.

"If he tries anything with her i'm going to beat the crap out of him, then you." I warned him.

"Yeah, yeah. You all have some fighting fetish and i'm not about that life. I just like me some sandwiches," he threw the chair back on all fours. "And some ice cream, so plan on making a stop when we go out tonight."

D laughed quietly while Kameron agreed.

"Do we need to stop at the candy store to get you a sucker while we are at it?" I laughed while Levi joked with Jake.

"Can we move on to more important things?" Levi redirected his attention to me. "What are we doing about Dillon?" His suddenly serious tone shifted the whole room. Even Jake's jaw clenched quickly.

I thought it over for a moment. What options did we have? I mean I could beat the crap out of Dillon, but that wouldn't get me anywhere. Dillon was only a small playing piece of the game; getting moved around on a chess board with the same amount of brains that a chess piece had- none.

The real issue was Rock. He was a 28 year old child and a royal pain in everyone's lives. Mainly mine.

He wasn't always though. At least not that I knew. He was one of my dads buddy's son's, adopted son, but son nonetheless. They had taken him in for what I assume as charity because he was already 15 and the biggest boor, still to this day, I had ever met. Moving in with rich adopted parents who only wanted to make him happy only made it worse.

He had only become greedy with all the attention from his parents. He started to bully the kids around him into helping him steal from grocery stores, liquor stores, and eventually worked his way to cars.

I used to see him watching me, eyeing me as if I had something he wanted. My father warned me a few months before the accident not to go near Rock. He was well known for the messes he made around this town, and after I hit puberty and grew into myself- there was a whisper around town about him wanting me to be apart of his "gang" or whatever.

Rock was all brains no balls; he was known for recruiting misfits and losers straight from high school to do his dirty work. Apparently he was tired of the scrawny crack heads that were working for him.

I thought back to one of them coming up to me after school the end of junior year.

"Hey!" he called as he pushed off the brick wall of the school he was leaning on.