89

Eli's POV

"Are you kidding me!? Don't ever talk to her like that again!" I snapped at my sister. My blood was boiling and my anger was about to peak. There was no way anyone would see the sun again if they spoke to my Rai like that again.. Anyone except my little sister.

I mentally went through every way I could to try and calm myself before I did anything else to ruin this day.

The three breathes I took did nothing.

A string of curses fell unfiltered through my mind.

I did what I knew would calm me.

I thought of the blue eyed girl with her soft long fingers caressing my cheek. He big eyes looking at me with only trust and faith.

I blinked away the image before I lost it to the thoughts of how much she hated me right then.

"I'm sorry, but it's true," Lea muttered under her breathe before she finally noticed all the other eyes on her. She glanced around the room and her eyes seemed to immediately be pulled to Jonny. I glared at her even harder when I noticed, but my glare was nothing compared to the pained look fold disbelief in Jinny's eyes as his stared at my sister.

"Jonny, I didn't-"

"Don't." He cut her off in a swift motion that seemed to vividly severe whatever they were both holding onto in just one word. His tone was sharp and unforgiving when he gave her one last look of disgust before turning and scurrying after his sister through the sliding doors.

My jaw clenched at the stab in my chest when my sisters eyes filled with tears.

I hated how even when I knew it was her fault and I was so filled with anger for her, I still felt for her when her eyes teared up.

I shook my head. I knew how my father felt when the small girl looked up at him with her long dark hair and bright green eyes, I didn't wonder why he never said no to her.

I looked away before I gave in and pulled her into my chest. She was fragile. All girls were.

I hah always known that, but I had never cared, not until now.

I remember getting so frustrated with Lea just weeks after my parents accident. It was as if she wanted to push my buttons, as if she were trying make me angry every second of everyday. I was yelling at when Levi strutted through my door without a knock, the way he always had. He caught the last bit of me telling her how annoying she was for ever single thing she did before I paused to catch my breathe and continue.

"Dude," Levi interrupted me with an are you kidding me, look.

"What!?" I snapped at him too.

"C'mon, knock it off," my jaw clenched at his words and immediately i weighed out the outcome of me knocking out his two front teeth for thinking he could step into what was clearly none of his business.

"Excuse me?" I said through gritted teeth as I turned to face him. I caught Lea back away from the corner of my eye as she saw my anger redirect.

Levi stood calmly in front of me, level headed the way he always was. "Why are you yelling at her?" he asked before he held up his hand at my open mouth. "No don't answer that. I don't care why, there is no reason to raise your voice at a girl. No reason."