43

Eli didn't come back. But that didn't stop him from protecting me, he had D and Lea on me like the guard dogs. They had strict orders that I was not to be out of they sight, and boy did they follow through.

"Can you hurry up? I'm going to be late," Lea complained through the stall door as I peed.

"You know you can go right?" I shot back as I pulled up my pants and emerged from the small bathroom stall.

"And face the wrath of my brother when you get kidnapped," she rolled her eyes. "Pass."

I chuckled as I washed my hands. It was kind of sweet and heroic in a very overly protective way.

"Whatever just one more class then I can go home and none of you guys have to worry about a thing," I acknowledged as we walked out.

We walked to our last classes. I was supposed to have Eli in this class, but he obviously wasn't here. I wished he was.

I always wished he was with me. As much as he can be overly bearing and protective, I wouldn't want anyone else to be stuck by my side.

Even if we did just have to be friends, which I hated, I would still rather that than nothing. I mean I'd love to be more... OBVIOUSLY. But sometimes Life thinks she's funny and wants to test me; making me fall for the one boy i'll never be with.

It's fine.

I'm fine.

Our last period went by incredibly slow, but once it was over I headed for the door with the same speed of Lightning McQueen. I always was sure to have all my stuff to go home before my last class, didn't matter the school or the state, getting out of a high school parking lot after school was released was a nightmare.

I hurried to the front door of the school to emerge before everyone else only to remember i didn't drive myself today.

Cool.

How am I getting home now?

I went over my options.

Walk.

Call Eli.

Scratch that one.

Walk.

Call Jonny.

Scratch that one too.

Walk it is.

I made my way down the steps just as a group is teens emerged from the doors behind me. I kept my head down as I thought about yet another bad idea i was going to follow through with tonight. I didn't even hear the car pull up next to me as i walked along the sidewalk.

"Need a ride?" the unfamiliar voice caused me to turn. I didn't recognize the boy in the driver seat, not at first.

"Me?" I was still walking while he rolled slowly next to me.

"Yeah," the boy in the passenger seat leaned forward and i stopped in my tracks. The blonde hair and evil look in his eye sent a chill up my spine. Caden. "You, sweetheart," his voice was as haunting as the night of the party giving me PTSD which caused me to subconsciously put a hand to my cheek.

I wanted so badly to shrink back, to hide from their lustful eyes. It didn't take long for me to recognize Xavier. They were both in dark clothes and matching dark car, yeah that's not creepy at all.. Luckily, I caught sight of a familiar figure behind their intimidating car.

Beautiful Eli was leaning against his car, waiting for me. I could see him watching, confused, not knowing who I was talking to. But just as it all clicked into motion for him, it clicked for me.