36

"Just sweet potato fries and a snickers shake please," I said to the sweet older lady with her blonde hair pulled into a small bun.

"Anything for you?" she glanced between Kam and I.

"I'm okay with just the water," he held up a hand and smiled at the waitress. She smiled back before turning and walking away.

"You're going to make me eat alone?" I asked him once our waitress was gone.

"Unless you think you can beat me in a burger eating contest," he smirked at me. "I don't see any point in wasting my time on these child size meals," I rolled my eyes and laughed as he leaned back in the booth throwing his arm over the back.

Okay. He was cute. There was no denying that. His blonde hair flowed back and his blue eyes were even brighter with his jean jacket over his grey Nike hoodie.

He leaned back like he were the most careless person in the world which made the moment feel so far away from the last week of drama. Even 30 minutes ago with Kaitlyn and Eli.

"I fit 7 pizza rolls in my mouth at one time the other night," I smiled proudly. "So I wouldn't bet against me in an eating contest if I were you."

Bragging to a boy about how many pizza rolls I could fit into my mouth at one time would definitely cause a disgraceful look on my mother's face, but Kam was so easy to be around that I didn't care about looking ladylike.

His head whipped up and his eyes were bright with pride. I knew he would like that.

"I have GOT to see that someday. I bet you looked like such a chipmunk," he teased me by blowing up his cheeks and wiggling around. I laughed at his childish face, but still slapped his arm.

"No I looked like a boss! I bet you don't know of any other girl who could do that," I bragged before mimicking him and leaning back on my side of the booth.

"No I don't think I do," he looked at me as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Not very many girls would brag about it either."

I glared at him across the booth.

"Hey!" he threw his hands up defensively. "Not like I care about how lady like you are," he settled back into the booth and smiled at me. "I don't mind a little spice. Prefer it actually."

This boy was so openly flirtatious it was crazy. Don't get me wrong, it made your girl feel good, but it was the polar opposite of what I was used to with Eli.

I smiled, but was saved from thinking of a something to say when my waitress brought over my shake.

"Here you go sweetie," she said as she dropped it off.

I was gulping it down before she even walked away laughing.

"Thank you!!" I called with a mouth full of chocolate, peanut butter, and ice cream.

"You know you're pretty cute like that," Kameron looked over at me through hooded lashes while leaning back.

I smiled a cheeky smile, purposely showing off all chocolate i hadn't yet wiped off my mouth yet. Man was i gross. This is exactly why i wondered how my mother expected me to get behind the whole "lady like" concept. We all knew it would never stick. Just wasn't apart of the Raina Everett job description if you know what i mean.

We both laughed uncontrollably.

"Thank you," i said quietly as we finished laughing.

"Yeah," he glanced at me. "Anything to hear that laugh of yours. I haven't heard it in a minute."