40

"Hunny, huh?" Eli smirked at me as we headed down the hall. "So much for 'just friends'," he raised an amused brow at me while giving me a wicked smile.

"Ugh. I'm sorry, it just slipped," I did feel bad for using him like that. "She's just so infuriating," i tried to force the agitation in my stomach that was always left behind after an encounter with Kaitlyn.

I wasn't even angry anymore, more annoyed than anything, and not even with her- with myself for letting her get to me like that.

We turned the corner to walk into the fishbowl, Eli opened the door for me. He dipped his head and lowered his voice as i passed him into the fishbowl, "as long as i get to make it even."

Uhm. What.

Okay. I know i should shut him down right away just for that mischievous tone, but Jake and Lea met us as soon as we walked in (plus i didn't really want to shut him down, let's be real). He straightened up as they approached to greet them.

"Dude if Hunter says one more thing I'm going to kill him," Jake grunted as they neared us.

"What happened?" Eli and I both asked at the same time.

"Same thing as always, he just keeps running his mouth!" Jake looked more annoyed than anything.

"What did he say?" I asked Jake.

Jake's eyes fluttered up to his brother than back to me.

"Nothing. He just likes to talk smack," Jake turned away to glare at a group of boys across the fishbowl from us. Hunter was in the middle of them watching us.

There was no way it was nothing, but before I could question it or even put more thought to it, Lea pulled me with her.

"We have to get to class," she said to me as she pulled my arm.

"Are you in on the whole 'don't let me out of your sight' thing, too?" i asked as i followed her.

Once we were in the hall though, she turned to me looking frantic.

Lea was beautiful as always, but as she embraced the new look- lighter colors and less makeup- she was unstoppable.

But as her big brown eyes searched mine, I didn't feel the normal sense of comfort from my friend I usually did.

"What's wrong?" my words were rushed.

"It's just that," she looked away as she tried to find her words. "I just- What are we going to do about Friday?"

"What do you mean?" I knew it was on everyone's mind, but i also knew that Eli was handling it. He said he was getting a crew together and that he would take care of it.. I trusted him.

"Well Jonny," she looked at me as if unsure how to continue.

"Jonny what??" I began to panic "did something happen to him? is he okay??"

"Yes, he's fine," she glanced around. "But he has a- a fight friday night," she whispered even softer when she said the word fight. I couldn't help, but smile at her telling me like i didn't know. Jonny is my brother, of course i knew.

"Yeah, I know," I laughed lightly. "So?"

"Well, how are we going to do both? And how are we going to keep the fight a secret? Everyone knows Jonny would do anything to protect you so he would need a good reason not to be there while we are saving your life," she was rambling. I could feel my eyes going wider the more she talked.

"Lea," I stopped her. "You're over thinking it. It's okay, both Jonny and Eli have a plan of their own and we have to trust them."

I had to believe that neither of them would let anything happen to me, but Lea's rambling was putting me on edge. What if she was right? What if this whole thing was a bust? I have to talk to Eli.