chapter 2

Third person POV

Park Chanyeol loosened up his tie and tiredly sighed. He walked in to the kitchen, started searching through the cupboards and pulled out two cup ramen. He put his earpiece on the counter and started preparing dinner, when a male voice spoke up and amusedly asked through a speaker on the wall: '' So, did you have fun? ''

'' Why do I have to babysit this girl again? Why would someone pay so much money for me to look after some prosecutor? Not even a well known and good one to be precise, '' Chanyeol muttered in response, clearly annoyed.

He heard Baekhyun chuckle through the speaker and say: '' Who knows? ''

Chanyeol scowled and poured hot water in the two cups of ramen. He covered them again, went to look for chopsticks and hissed: '' That's what I told you to find out while I was undercover! What did you even do all day? ''

'' I got sidetracked watching a drama, '' the other guy casually responded and awkwardly laughed.

'' Seriously? '' Chanyeol muttered with disbelief. He grabbed the two bowls of ramen, walked back to the living room and set them down on the coffee table. Then he sat on the couch, shook his head with disapproval and added: '' I hate you, you are the worst partner ever, Baekhyun. ''

There was the sound of a door opening and another male walked from one of the rooms. His brown hair was messy, there was a pair of glasses resting on his nose and there were bags under his eyes. He dropped down on the couch next to Chanyeol, grabbed the second cup ramen and started slurping the noodles. '' So, how is she? Was it really that bad? Your mood is even worse than usually today. ''

'' She is a little peculiar, to say the least and she likes to act like she is smart, which is very annoying. How long is this job gonna last? '' Chanyeol muttered, looking at the tv screen in front of them.

Baekhyun smirked and asked: '' That bad? ''

He glanced at him from the side and flatly said: '' She is forcing me to buy her coffee every morning. ''

Baekhyun choked on the noodles that he was eating and started coughing, before he burst in to laughter. '' What? Really? She sounds amazing, I wish I could meet her! ''

'' Why don't you go in my place then? '' Chanyeol shot back and stared at the TV in front of him with a scowl. It was still playing the drama that Baekhyun had to be watching all day, while he was suffering at the prosecution office.

The other guy pushed his glasses higher up his nose and raised his hands in defence. '' Hey, you are the agent for hire here! There is a lot of money involved too, so you better make sure not to screw it up. For now just guard her and find out about her life like the contract says and I'll try to discreetly get some information about the person you are working for. ''

Chanyeol cringed and muttered: '' Perhaps this really will be an easy job... I mean, what's the worst that could happen to some random prosecutor woman? ''

He had no idea that his own words just jinxed his future. Even if perhaps it was already set in stone the moment his partner accepted the contract in his name. He had no idea, but Jin Sun was far from being an ordinary woman.

***

(back to first person POV)

'' Gee gee gee, baby baby baby. ''

'' Seriously, uncle? ''

I raised my head and looked at my uncle with disbelief. He was cleaning the floor of his pastry shop and cafe and carelessly singing to himself. It was the last song that you would think a tall, muscular and serious looking man like him would know, but then again, you would never expect him to have a passion for baking either. Sadly, he also had a business partner and best friend that was equally strange and condoned his behaviour, so I was in minority when it came to establishing order around the home.