chapter 2: rats ratting

The reflectors were throwing rays of bright neon light in to the dark sky and groups of people were gathering in front of the entrance of the famous strip club. A cop siren was ringing somewhere nearby, but no one seemed to notice and my dark eyes were watching a gang member that I knew from one of my past jobs. He stepped out of his car and walked inside the club with two girls hanging on his arms. I recognised them as the dead stripper's friends and I wondered if it was possible that he was behind the prostitution ring.

I looked down at my new phone and read Yoongi's text message.

Sang is there tonight, but you just saw him too. There are three more gang members that you should keep an eye out for, but that's about it. Try to find the owner if he's there and ask him some questions. Namjoon and I are still looking in to the murder case.

I was about to put my phone back in my pocket, but it buzzed again.

This is the last time you leave him alone with me. He is drinking all of my energy drinks and talking way too much. He even asked to use my computer. I am going crazy over here. You have no idea how much I hate you right now. You owe me big time for this.

I giggled at the thought of the look on Yoongi's face when Namjoon asked him if he could use his computer for a second. That was the worst thing that you could possibly say to people like him and I didn't even imagine how awkward it was in that storage room right now. I shook my head and shivered before glancing over my shoulder.

'' I'm here, '' a voice spoke right in to my ear, I turned my head and almost screamed when I saw Jimin standing right beside me. He was so close that his breath fanned my cheek and his eyebrows furrowed together after my reaction. '' Didn't you know that I was following you? Damn, now I feel bad for exposing myself. ''

I put my hand over my heart and took a few breaths. '' That surprised me, I was sure it was Jungkook. I'm disappointed now. What do you want? Are you here to beg for my help? ''

Our figures were almost invisible in the darkness of the night. My head was covered my hood and my face was hidden by the black surgical mask that I always wore, while he wearing a cap over his messy hair. His eyes were like knives and he took a step closer, clearly trying to intimidate me. '' That's too bad. I'm here to talk to you about something. You and the computer geek knew about Cop killer and you said that you know me too. I need you to tell me how much information about me you have. ''

I smirked, leaned closer to him too and calmly answered: '' I know a lot of people, but not many of them are interesting enough for me to care to find out their life story. ''

I was lying.

Park Jimin was definitely one of the more interesting people that I ever came across.

I still remembered how I was sitting in a tent restaurant and eating ramen when the owner of the place change the channel of an old tv that he set up on one of the chairs. It was a foggy late winter morning and I was on my way home from a job when I decided to stop there. The owner served me the first ramen of that day and he was trying to convince me to shovel the snow in front of his restaurant instead of paying, when he suddenly remembered something. Park Jimin's trial was over and we watched him get dragged out of court. He was calm until a reporter started calling him a murderer and I almost couldn't believe my eyes when he managed to get away from the cops and attack him.

I took a few steps away, stopped and looked at him again. '' So, are you coming or not? Now that you are here might as well join me. You'll show me that punching you've been bragging about once we anger somebody. ''

'' I'm not here to cover your back, '' he coldly answered, but he still made his way after me. '' It's this the strip club where one of the victims worked? ''