Drama

It was many minutes later when Piper's name was whispered between Carl and Rico's argument. Shelly watched Piper tilt her head slightly to catch more of what they said. Shelly herself also leaned closer.

"Colt... he's in the way... rid of him..." Shelly caught snippets of the conversation.

"But how?... Shelly too... uh, no..."

"But... you do it... of course..."

Both Piper and Shelly looked stricken. They looked at each other in creepy unison, and Shelly waved the blonde over urgently.

Piper stood up, hurried over, and plunked down at Shelly's side. "I do not understand!" She said immediately.

"Heh, yeah, so uh, let me explain real quick..."

~

Shelly shared all the juicy details about this Piper, Rico, and Colt situation. Without giving her time to process it all the way, she remarked, "So was it just me, or was Rico saying somethin' about getting rid of Colt?"

Piper nodded, kind of dazed. "I was closer, if I do recall. They were making plans to dispose of Colt."

"Dispose? How?"

"Je ne sais pas. Oh, sorry. I mean, I don't know." Piper often spoke French without realizing it.

"You don't know? You were right there." Shelly crossed her arms, concerned about Colt's safety. Because they were, eh, friends.

"They were being vague!" Piper insisted.

"Ugh, whatever." Shelly glanced around, and stilled. "Um, Piper?" She poked the other in the arm and pointed to Carl and Rico's empty table.

"On a des problèmes."

~

Shelly and Piper raced down the dirt street to Colt's house. I don't think Rico would ever kill anyone, but...

They reached his house and knocked together. Colt answered immediately, as always. "Oh hallelujah." Shelly sagged a little. Piper gave Colt a sweet little smile.

"Uh, what?" He asked, looking between to two of them.

"Rico's tryna kill you." "And he's jealous." The ladies said.

"Wait, back up. Why?"

"Love's a bitch." Shelly said simply.

"Jealou- yeah, what Shelly said." Piper poked her.

"Please EXPLAIN."

"Rico likes Piper, Piper likes you, and Rico knows and Rico's jealous." Shelly jumped on all the main points.

"Ugh..." Colt rubbed his eyes. "This is ridiculous..."

"Yeah, so um, that's all we had to say. Beware Rico and adios amigo." Shelly saluted and turned to leave, dragging Piper by the arm.

~

Later that day, around noon, Shelly lounged around in bed, playing games on her phone. "Ooh, a new dragon!" She was currently playing DragonVale.

(A.N. it's a real nifty game)

Just then, a text notification popped onto the screen. She went to contacts and was surprised to see that Piper had sent the text. Excuse me, who gave her my number?!

Piper
hey, so i was hoping we could talk
11:46

Shelly
uh, k. when?
11:47

Piper
this evening, my house. at 6
11:47

Shelly
k ill show
11:48

Shelly turned her phone off and put her hands behind her head, staring at the ceiling. She wondered what this talk was going to be about (though she had a pretty obvious guess) and whether it'd get violent or anything.

~

"Duck!" Shelly yelled at Jessie. The little red head crouched quickly as a trio of arrows sailed over her head.

"Excellent dodging skills." She said and walked up.

"I think that's enough training for today." Bo came up too, putting his bow back around his neck and torso.

The three of them had been in the training court working on Jessie's dodging and defense moves since noon; it was now 5 o' clock.

"Thirsty!" Jessie fanned herself.

"Oh yeah, hehe, sorry." Shelly handed the girl a water bottle.

She drained most of it before sprinkling the rest over her head and face.

"Whoa." Bo remarked.

"Yep." Shelly agreed.

~

It was 5:50 when Shelly headed over to Piper's house. It was a shiny, white three story dwelling; the most fanciful building in Brawl Town besides Town Hall. She hesitated at the door, before using the gold door knocker.

A moment later, Piper appeared. "Oh good, you came."

"Of course."

Piper pulled her inside and lead her to a parlor. She sat her on a plush couch and took a seat across from her.

"So, Rico." She started.

"Called it." Shelly said.

"Pardon?"

"Never mind. What about Rico?"

"What am I to do? He's out to get my... eh, crush. And he likes me, for some reason." Piper propped her elbow on her knee and rested her chin in her palm.

"For some reason?"

"Why would anybody ever want me? I know I am annoying."

"Oh. That's a sad thought process." Shelly remarked.

"Well, I've never really told anybody, but, well..."

"Yes?"

"I'm depressed." Piper said stoutly.

"Oh. I'm sorry." Shelly dipped her head.

"Don't be, but anyway, I was hoping you had some advice or something."

"Uh, well I dunno about you but if you don't like him, ignore him till he goes away."

"True, but I feel like it's my duty to acknowledge him now." Piper sighed.

"I'm sure I'd feel the same way if something like that happened to me, but I guess just try my idea and see where it takes you."

"See where it takes me." Piper echoed.

~

Late at night, Shelly lay awake in bed, staring at the wall. She was deep in thought, the biggest thing on her mind right now being what she would do if some actually did like her. I honestly have no fucking idea. She said to herself.

Little did she know...