Upgrades

Today's Chapter features @PhoenixCrow_ for giving me an idea to apply to the story. Thank you!
_______________
Shelly opened her eyes, expecting to see the the Town Hall. She figured she'd died, since Mike had in fact just dropped a barrel of explosives on her and Rico. But what she did not expect in the slightest was to instead see the arena.

Shelly sat bolt upright and whipped her head around. In front of her about six yards was a crater where the bombs had landed, and off to the side a ways was a pile of ashes. Rico's, it seemed. The knock back must've been pretty big.

Everything looked normal for this situation, but Shelly knew that she'd been hit, and yet here she was, alive and unharmed.

What in the actual fuck. She looked at her arm, and saw with a gasp that that wound was gone too.

She stumbled upright, thoroughly confused. Though she'd have to think about it later, since Mike was approaching from the dust cloud of the explosion.

He walked up to her with a stick of dynamite in hand and stopped just outside her bullet range with furrowed brows.

"W-what?" Was all he seemed to be able to say.

She shrugged.

"I saw you get hit. You should've died."

"I know."

"This makes absolutely no sense."

"I know." She echoed.

He shook his head as though trying to clear a mirage.

In that short second, Shelly stepped forward and shot him. "That's for tryin' to kill me." She watched his ashes float away.

Well, whatever happened, I'm still alive! So let's continue the match.

So she crept forward to the big bush across the map, since there was usually someone always there. If there wasn't, Shelly would just camp.

Upon entering the cool, dark bush, she was immediately attacked. They hit her over the head with a fist and punched her arm too.

"Ack!" She shot blindly at whoever it was, and apparently didn't miss according to how they stopped and groaned.

"Rosa?"

"Yes ....wheeze... Shelly?"

"Sorry." Shelly winced in sympathy before killing her.

Then she scooted farther into the bush to catch a break, hoping nobody else would pop out of nowhere.

And nobody did, so Shelly sat quietly for a couple of eternities.

~

Before she knew it, it was Showdown. How did she know? Well for one, there was fan fare that always signaled that only two brawlers remained. Secondly, it was awfully still and quiet.

Shelly tentatively exited the bush and made her way to center map, scanning the area over and over for the other. Soon enough, they made themselves known.

Shelly heard them walking and spun around, at the ready.

"You've got to be kidding me." She sighed and dropped her gun. Standing in front of her was Colt, looking apologetic.

"It's okay, you can kill me." He shrugged casually.

She just scowled at him sourly.