Chapter 3

Deposed Empress General 3- Acquaintance

Zuo Canglang didn't return to Yang Lianting's dorm; not knowing why, she believed in Murong Yan. Believed that as long as he acknowledged it, he would not fail to uphold his word.

Within the small practice ground, it was currently time to receive lessons. The "masters" never cared who was late, or who didn't attend. They only wanted results, who survived until the end, who had truly become a strong person. Zuo Canglang returned to her own group, turning her head around to see Leng Feiyan, suddenly startled.

The arrow that Leng Feiyan had been shot with, how heavy its strength was, nobody other than she knew better. Even if she had hit a deer with it, it would probably had fallen over. But Leng Feiyan didn't. She didn't know when she had pulled out the arrow, her chest and clothes had been dyed red with blood, but she had held her lips together, her gaze still sharp as ever. The boy that was practicing with her was so scared even his hands were shaking.

As if discovering Zuo Canglang's gaze, she looked over and crossed her gaze. The two's gazed at each other, the surrounding youth unwittingly retreated from the yard. But Zuo Canglang didn't actually engage in combat with her; even though right now was the best time to take her life, but this person's gaze held something that moved a person with her stubbornness and firmness.

In the evening, Zuo Canglang seized some food, and went first to Yang Lianting's dorm. Inside, doctors had already changed his bandages, and were currently brewing medicine. The doctor's medicine box was just set by the side, and inside it was packed with wound medication. Zuo Canglang randomly grabbed a few bottles, and even though that doctor had discovered it, but was ultimately unwilling to bother with these half grown children, and thus didn't utter anything.

Zuo Canglang left Yang Lianting's dormitory, and walked forwards, not far, to another person's place of residence-- Leng Feiyan. Leng Feiyan's dormitory was clean and simple, no excessive grass, leaves, or dust was visible, as if nobody even lived there. Zuo Canglang stood by the doorway, and Leng Feiyan's gaze held a trace of visible suspicion and enmity, "What have you come here for?"

Zuo Canglang didn't say anything, but slowly arranged the bottles of injury medication atop the table. Leng Feiyan's gaze stopped shortly on the medication bottles, and then asked, "What do you mean by this?" She opened a bottle, asking, "You're willing to part with it?"

Zuo Canglang didn't respond to her, and turned around, leaving the room.

After she had left for a while, Leng Feiyan finally grabbed a medicine bottle; her own wound, she would know. But a few bottles of medicine for herself, would it truly be effective?

She wavered for a bit, but finally still parted her clothes, cleaned her wound, and reapplied the medication. It hurt, as the medical powder was applied to the wound, the pain wrapping around her heart. But over here, who hadn't endured hurt, or pain? The calmly pursed her lips, her gaze cold, a teenage youth, her mood was absolutely stoic.

Just as she was applying medication, outside a light sound reverberated. Leng Feiyan put away the medical bottle, and rearranged her clothes. Someone indeed came, and it was one of the "masters." Leng Feiyan has a beautiful face, one which upon seeing once, one would not forget. In this place, those who had fantasized about her did not number in the low digits, but she was like a cactus covered in thorns. All these years, who hadn't been pricked by her?

That "master" walked in front of her, his gaze stopped by her clothes, which had been dyed by blood, slowly saying, "You've received such a serious wound, how come you haven't come to look for us?"

Leng Feiyan's right hand clenched into a fist, knowing that she wouldn't be able to easily get pass the day. The children here were groomed by Murong Yan, and Leng Feiyan was but one among them. Her possibility of being picked by second prince was pretty high. So if she had already offended him, then of course, making him shut up for eternity was the best.