Chapter 29

Deposed Empress General 29- Defying the Heavens

When Yang Lianting opened his eyes, the first thing he felt was pain. Saturating pain. He was originally a doctor, so he understood his injuries the most. Under torture, all his bones had been cracked, and if he wasn't treated quickly, it was very possible he would be left with a persistent injury or handicap.

He didn't open his eyes, but already felt that he was beginning to recover, but who had applied needles and used medication on him?

By his side, there was a soft and warm thing that was slowly transferring warmth to him, and before his eyes was only darkness, yet he managed to smell a light fragrance. His five fingers were rested on the bed, and he felt the soft silk blankets, with a thin screen in the room. This was obvious a woman's room!

He wanted to sit up, but once he started moving, he felt like his whole person was going to dissolve into a puddle of sand. By his side, someone lightly helped him up, saying, "Don't move! Yang Lianting, are you awake?"

Yang Lianting was suddenly overwhelmed by the splitting pain, and actually couldn't tell who this person was, but only asked in the subsequent moment, "Where is this?"

That person seemed to exhale a deep breath, saying, "Thank the heavens and the earth that you're finally awake, as these past days, you slept the whole time, scaring me to death!" Yang Lianting could finally tell this voice's owner, "Miss Ah Fei?"

Ah Fei rose, not lighting the lamp, but pouring him some lamb's milk, "You're definitely hungry, so first dream something."

The warm lamb's milk entered his throat, and with this, Yang Lianting finally felt some warmth in his stomach. At this time, it was already the fifth month, the beginning of summer, but this type of blanket could still not warm him up. He lightly said, "Miss Ah Fei, how come I'm here? Can you light the lamp?"

Ah Fei said, "No....... can't light the lamp, as if you're discovered here by others, godfather will throw a tantrum."

Yang Lianting was startled, saying, "Miss sheltered me without permission?" Ah Fei didn't say anything, and Yang Lianting continued, "Why bother, the one who reported my identity as an escaped convict, wasn't it exactly Sect Leader Mu?"

He wasn't dumb, and with just a little bit of thought, he could know who would mention the past events, and unveil the matter that he was a descendant of Yang family. For a while, Ah Fei didn't speak, waiting until he finished the lamb's milk, and then used the silk handkerchief to help him wipe his mouth, and then saying, "Doctor Yang, sorry. If I hadn't invited you to come to the medical conference, godfather, he also would not have......"

Yang Lianting sighed, and within the darkness he couldn't actually move much, only saying, "It has nothing to do with miss. Even I don't understand why sect leader Mu is like this? Does he have some ancient rivalry with my lord master?"

Even if it was in the darkness, Ah Fei's face was still flushed with shame. But that was, after all, the person that had raised her, and that person had led her and her tribe to escape the village, helping them avoid the fate of being burned to death. That person had brought them the whole way over many wandering years to Great Yan, and given them peace. She couldn't say that he did it to preserve himself, and that's why he watched his old friend die under a false accusation. It was also for self preservation that he sold out his old friend's only child.

She could only say, "These days, doctor Yang should just stay here and peacefully recover from his wounds. Outsiders won't enter this place, so you can be relaxed."

Yang Lianting lightly took a breath, and finally endured that pain, saying, "Miss Ah Fei, your grace today, it's difficult to put into words my gratitude."