Chapter 37

Deposed Empress General 37- Family Head

That night, the guests gathered at Wen estate slowly scattered, and Zuo Canglang removed her red veil, and some servants came forwards to serve, and she dismissed everyone.

Outside, it gradually became peaceful, and she looked out the window, spending her bridal night alone. Since antiquity, which young girl did not imagine herself being paired with her phoenix crown, holding hands with her beloved, exchanging the consummation wine1?

But life is full of twists and turns, and everyone is forced by circumstance, so who could really have guessed their end? She sat by herself, and the moonlight shone upon her.

The next day, early in the morning, people already came over, serving Zuo Canglang to groom and bathe. She had to quickly enter the palace to attend court. Originally, people had the opportunity to take a break after their wedding, but since she was wed to a memorial plaque, how could she have an excuse to rest?

Zuo Canglang got dressed in her official robes, but upon entering the main hall, she saw Wen Xingye and his wife, along with Wen Yixuan and Wen Yirong awaiting. They were all dressed neatly, awaiting her. Zuo Canglang was startled, asking, "What is this about?"

Wen Xingye said, "Although you and Qi'er were forced by circumstance into your marriage, but currently, you are still a member of my Wen family. Wen family lacks a leader, and you are the family head, so naturally, the minors should pay their respects to you first. But you have to attend court, so we will wait for you to return first."

Zuo Canglang nodded, saying, "I'll leave first."

Wen Xingye slowly followed behind her, sending her out of the estate. Zuo Canglang was feeling a bit uncomfortable, and said, "Right now, in name, I'm still your daughter-in-law, and your junior, so how can I let you send me off."

Wen Xingye's voice had actually gotten a lot smaller, and he smiled, the wrinkles in his face even more evident, "Right now, you are the Wen family head. So it's natural that I would send you off."

Zuo Canglang felt as though she had been stabbed by someone, as the old sir Wen that she had been company with at Hua Tai, had been such an arrogant and highly respected individual. Within and outside of Wen family, whomever he wanted to curse out, he would curse at, and whomever he didn't see eye to eye with, he would just ahead and give them a kick. When Wenqi was alive, he was an immensely important official in court, and who would not give way to him?

But now he stood before her, smiling as he spoke, saying that you are the family head, and I'll send you off, as it should be.

She opened her mouth, wanting to say something, but ultimately only softly said, "I'm going now, why don't you return."

The servants brought a horse over, and she mounted the horse, and a while later, turned her head back, and only saw that old sir Wen was still leaning on his cane, still standing before Wen estate, beneath their lanterns. The cold wind blew past him, and ruffled some of his hair.

After she entered the palace, the morning court was another case of constant bickering. Currently, within the morning court, the factionalism was still apparent, as Bi Cheng Jing's faction was filled with old officials, each important and respected, knowing that they would receive protection. They approved of inviting Murong Yuan back, of returning rule to him, and having Murong Yan return to being crown prince, and after he had passed, to finally ascend the throne again. As for the matter of abolishing the queen of clan Li, and demoting the crown prince Murong Ruo, currently they didn't have any objections, as it was very obvious, that this was something where the writing was already on the wall.