Chapter 36

Deposed Empress General 36- Official Wife

Zuo Canglang was brought by Leng Feiyan all the way back to Murong Yan's old estate. Although he was now King Dai of Yan, but he had never moved this estate. Leng Feiyan moved quickly and in a hurry, and once she set her down, immediately left to head towards Gu She mountain.

It was as if Wang Yunzhao had already prepared everything, and within the estate, several servants were taking care of her here.

Zuo Canglang lied on the bed, occasionally hearing the sound of firecrackers outside. It was currently the lantern festival (that takes place on the fifteenth of the first month of the year), and within the entire Jinyang city, perhaps only the Wen family didn't have a celebration.

That night, as she was in the middle of sleeping, the door was suddenly pushed open. Zuo Canglang got up with great difficulty, and saw Murong Yan walking in from outside. He had changed his attire, which though still impressive and noble, was no longer like a ruler, but more like a suave young gentleman.

Zuo Canglang felt a bit guilty, "Lord master......" She knew she couldn't get up, and could only say, "forgive this subordinate for not being able to get up and properly pay respect."

Murong Yan walked beside her bed, a long time later, finally using his two hands to lightly press her legs.

Zuo Canglang lightly sucked in a breath, and bit her lip. Murong Yan's expression fell, and a while later, said, "I came to see you, wanting to give you a bit of a lesson, but right now, it seems like, the lesson you received was not light."

Zuo Canglang lowered her head, a long time later, finally saying, "This subordinate has a sin."

Murong Yan heavily said, "You do have a sin! And your sin is heavy to deserve dying ten thousand times! He is after all my father king, so even if you succeeded, right now, if he was assassinated and died, other than me, who would still dare to do this type of matter? Not even mentioning how history books will talk about it many years later, but even right now, how would the officials in court see me? If the matter could be resolved so easily via assassination, then what has everything we have been doing been for?"

Zuo Canglang clenched her teeth, not speaking, and Murong Yan asked, "Have you contacted Yang Lianting?"

Zuo Canglang finally said, "Feiyan went."

Murong Yan nodded, "A matter that makes your head hot, it is enough to only experience it once. A general who doesn't even recognize their own importance, how will they lead the armies?"

Zuo Canglang softly said, "But......"

Murong Yan scolded her, saying, "What 'buts' are there? Think it over on your own!" Saying thus, he walked out of the room. His footsteps slowly grew distant.

Zuo Canglang lied on the bed, struggling to look at the moonlight beyond the window. He is actually...... very angry, right?

Not long into the night, people came in from outside. Zuo Canglang opened her eyes, and saw that Yang Lianting and Leng Feiyan had entered together. Yang Lianting had heard of Wenqi's death, and knew that Murong Yan would send someone to save Zuo Canglang, and had long left from Gu She mountain.

At this moment, he sat by the bedside, first taking her pulse, and then looking at her two legs.

Leng Feiyan asked, "How is it?"

Yang Lianting frowned heavily, and a while later, seeing that the two of them were both looking at him, said, "I will think of a way." Saying thus, he took another look at Zuo Canglang. He smiled comfortingly, "Rest first. I will prescribe two prescriptions. This wound is a bit complicated, and perhaps I will have to cut away the flesh to extract the bone shards."