Chapter 26

Deposed Empress General 26- The Grand Event

At the beginning of the third month, Bai Yu sect opened up its medical conference, and within society, any doctor that had any fame began heading there to participate. Yang Lianting paused his practice, and journeyed to Gu She mountain to attend the gathering.

Bai Yu sect was Great Yan's national sect, and this main gathering hall in Gu She mountain had received the Yan ruler's protection. Normally, if random people wanted to climb the mountain once, it was not an easy matter. This was Yang Lianting's first time coming tot he foot of the mountain, and before he had even passed invitation forward, there was already someone who had come out, "Is the one who has arrived, Yang Lianting, Doctor Yang?"

Yang Lianting quickly bowed, saying, "It is indeed this one, and the previous year, I was fortunate to receive your noble sect's invitation, and purposefully came forward to attend the gathering."

The other side also quickly returned the bow, saying, "Doctor Yang is too courteous, please follow this little one in."

Yang Lianting followed him up the mountain, and as he had long heard that Bai Yu sect's holy maiden knew the magics of the deities, he actually felt very intrigued. Last time, when he had met her within the palace, that holy maiden didn't seem like someone who was using cheap parlor tricks, nor was she the type of con others.

Gu She mountain had dangerous terrain, and atop the mountain there was a statue of Shennong; a stream of spring water flowed from beneath Shennong's right hand, and there was no source, but everyone could hear the sounds of the flowing water. The sect adherent leading him brought him into the temple of Shennong at the waist of the mountain to sit, saying, "Please wait here for a bit, doctor Yang, as this one is going to go and invite the sect leader."

Yang Lianting silently thought, he had heard that Bai Wen sect's holy maiden had heaven defying abilities, but this sect leader had actually rarely appeared publicly. He didn't know what type of person he was.

Right as his heart was making this thought, cold steps sounded, and the screen of beads was parted, and a person entered. Yang Lianting turned to look over, and only saw that this person was someone past fifty, with a long and white beard, but he was filled with energy, and his eyes sparkled with a light in them. Yang Lianting quickly stood up, "Is senior Bai Yu sect's sect leader? This junior Yang Lianting pays his respects."

The long-bearded old man slowly walked forwards, his gaze like lightning, taking a look up and down at him, a while later, finally saying, "No need to be cordial, doctor Yang, please sit." Yang Lianting sat down, but he actually continued saying, "To be one who attends the medical conference, one must submit a medical case, and one does not know where doctor Yang's medical case is?"

Yang Lianting was startled, because he was especially invited by the holy maiden, but nobody had told him this fact. Just as he was about to say something, from the outside, the bead screen rattled, and the holy maiden, A Fei, walked inside, "Godfather!" Her voice was a bit spoiled, "Doctor Yang was a guest invited by me, so how can you ask him for a medical case!"

The old man stared her down, saying, "There are rules without our profession, and since the rules were established back then, how could we defy the rules we set?"

Ah Fei took two or three steps, walking to Yang Lianting's side, saying, "He'll write it now, okay?" And then she turned her head, looking at Yang Lianting, beaming him a mischievous smile, "This is my godfather, Mu Qing Xie."

Yang Lianting hurriedly bowed again, saying, "Senior Mu, this one indeed did not know of this rule, but would senior please give this junior a bit of time, and I will immediately prepare a case."