Chapter 35

Deposed Empress General 35- Marshal Wen

The next day, Wenqi ordered people to bring Zuo Canglang to the Wen estate in Hua Tai. Wenqi's family was currently at Hua Tai, and only a single Tang district stood between Hua Tai and Fang city, so it wasn't actually far. Zuo Canglang couldn't stand at all, as when Cang Tianqi had ordered people to break her legs, he was merciless.

Right now, one should not even think of recovering entirely, as even if she eventually got better, she would still not be as she formerly was. As someone who participates on the battlefield, she was equivalent to an invalid.

The Wen Estate at Hua Tai wasn't as exuberant as imagined. There were the bronze gates and the plaster walls, and before the gate, there was a pair of lion statues, and atop the gate hanged the sign inlaid in gold. Zuo Canglang was carried into the estate by others, and originally, when entering someone's home as a bride, there was a set of etiquette that needed to be undertaken, but the Wen family practically didn't care about this.

Zuo Canglang was carried into a small building, and in the small yard in front of the building, there was actually a lot of melon vines. Zuo Canglang craned her head over to look, and only saw two young boys, one on the left and one on the right, standing in front of the half moon door.

Zuo Canglang had heard of his two sons from Wenqi, and this time, she spoke softly so as to not disturb others, saying, "Wen Yixuan, Wen Yirong."

The two children came out from behind the door, Wen Yirong curiously asked, "How do you know mine and my older brother's names?"

Zuo Canglang said, "I heard your father mention it, ah."

Wen Yirong was just about to say something, when outside, a woman's voice suddenly said, "Yixuan, Yirong! Come out, don't disturb Yiniang's1 rest."

The two children made a nasty face, and quickly ran out of the small yard. Zuo Canglang was carried onto the bed directly by the servants, and when she was being moved, she only felt the shattered bone stabbing into her flesh. Not long later, a madam came in from outside. She was around thirty, and the corners of her eyes revealed some fine wrinkles. But her whole person was still extremely dignified and beautiful.

She walked before Zuo Canglang's bed, lowering her head to take a look at her leg. Thinking of Zuo Canglang's situation, Wenqi had already explained everything clearly to her. She said, "In the future, you can just live here, and if you're lacking anything, just send someone to inform me."

Zuo Canglang said, "Madam Wen?"

She "mmm'd" saying, "I'm surnamed Yu, and my name is Quishu." Finishing, she turned around to leave the small building. Not long later, two servant girls came in, helping her groom. The two people didn't particularly take care of her two legs' injuries, and when she was bathing, Zuo Canglang could practically her the cracking of her bones separating.

Sweat gathered in thin trickles at the corner of her forehead, but she didn't make a single sound. Wenqi wouldn't hope for her to recover, so of course these people wouldn't pay attention to the matter.

Yu Qiushu brought two fresh servant girls here to take care of her. Zuo Canglang couldn't get off her bed, so even when she had to use the restroom, she needed people to support her. Although the two servant girls weren't meticulous enough, but they weren't bad. Anyways, everyday, whether it was eating, drinking, shitting, or pissing, they would serve her in all matters, and thus there wasn't anything additional to bother with.

Zuo Canglang was stuck on the bed every day, only able to see a flowery bed by the south side.

This day, Wen Xingye, old man Wen was practicing martial arts in the yard. He was originally an old general on the battlefield, but because of his leg injury, his mood was extremely explosive. Occasion, with one stare, he would scare people. No matter who he was speaking with, he would always be yelling.