Chapter 22

Deposed Empress General 22- Ah Fei

Yang Lianting revised his prescription three times, finally halting this cholera's spread. At the time, the imperial court could not provide the large amount of herbs necessary, so Zuo Canglang could only lead the troops to gather them from the mountain.

Wenqi also pulled even more troops from Suye city to help, and within Daji city, there was the pervasive scent of medicine. The six imperial doctors all had bad facial expressions, as in this situation, they had been beaten to the cure by a young doctor, which was not a situation to be proud of.

In the night, Wenqi had Zuo Canglang go and invite Yang Lianting over to drink booze. When Zuo Canglang went over, Yang Lianting was currently in the middle of cleaning up his medicine box, putting his golden needles, his silver knife, etc. one by one back into the box. Zuo Canglang said, "The army will return to Suye to garrison the city tomorrow, and marshal Wen wants you to grace the feast with your presence."

Yang Lianting said, "Marshal Wen preparing a feast, I should naturally go."

Zuo Canglang sat on the wooden counter that had held the discected corpse, saying, "Hurry up, I'll wait for you, godly doctor Yang. This time, you can't brush it off."

Yang Lianting took a look at her, and got up to wash his hands. He washed his hands over and over, and Zuo Canglang was finally impatient, standing beside him, asking, "Still not clean? Do you need me to help you peel away your skin?"

Yang Lianting's lips trembled, and pulled a cloth to wipe his hands, saying, "Let's go."

Zuo Canglang followed him out, arriving at the feast.

Military folks weren't particular about things, and were currently all just at the open ground outside the city. Yang Lianting was led to Wenqi's side, and the big and small officials of Daji city all slowly got up, inviting him to his seat.

Yang Lianting walked around meeting everyone, and then sat down by Wenqi's side. Although the six imperial doctors all looked bad, but they still all got up to toast him. Zuo Canglang sat by Wenqi's left side, and saw that Yang Lianting was in the center of the crowd, but had a forced smile.

At the end of the tenth month, the weather cooled, and the plague was finally halted. The great army pulled back, and returned to Suye city. Wenqi ordered people to send Daxi Cheng and Daxi Qin to Jinyang, and Murong Yuan actually didn't make matters difficult for them, but rather gave Daxi Cheng the title of Shan Yang Gong, and gave him a residence in Jinyang. And currently the lands of former Yu were still in chaos, with Western Jing competing for cities with Gu Zhu, still blaming each other. Tuhe had gained eight additional cities, but wasn't sated yet, and desired for Western Jing and Gu Zhu to immediately continue hostilities, so they kept on trying to fan the flames.

Shan Rong and Hun Zhou, although they didn't have sufficient forces, but they kept wandering the land, trying to also get additional pieces of the pie.

In the near future, Great Yan's danger had greatly diminished.

Murong Yuan was greatly pleased, and recalled Wenqi and Yang Lianting, awarding them for their merits. Zuo Canglang accompanied Wenqi to return to Jinyang city. At that time, it was already the beginning of the eleventh month, and Jinyang city actually had an indescribably air of joy permeating it. Wenqi had just arrived at the western Hua gate when many court officials came to receive him, and even the crown prince had come personally.

Naturally, Yang Lianting had been walking with Wenqi, and everyone knew, after this event, Yang Lianting's name would really represent a national doctor's godly hands. Wenqi and Yang Lianting knelt along with all the courtiers, paying respects to the crown prince.