Chapter 10

Deposed Empress General 10- Desolation

Murong Yan did not attend the feast, but Murong Yuan didn't say anything about it. After all, he wasn't someone who could stomach what had happened to consort Rong, and unless it was absolutely necessary, he was unwilling to see her offspring. That person's eyes would drip blood, making people disgusted. Since he didn't mention it, then the queen of course more so would not pay any attention to this second prince. And so everyone within the palace just went ahead and pretended that this person did not exist.

Who would know that after Murong Yan had left, at the feast, something unspeakable would happen!

Jiang Sanyi brought his daughter, Jiang Bilan to attend the feast, and when Jiang Bilan was thirteen years old, she had offered a dance at the empress's birthday feast, mesmerizing everyone with her dance, henceforth becoming famous. She was known as the first beauty within Great Yan. All these years, Jiang family didn't skimp on spending resources developing her, and in every other respect, she was also extremely proficient; it was only the matter of her wedding......

She followed behind her father, Jian Sanyi, and took a glance left and right, noticing that she did not see Murong Yan at the feast. She immediately asked, "Father, why don't we see his second highness?"

Jiang Sanyi's face immediately fell, but seeing that his daughter's soft face, he wasn't willing to say much.

King Yan, seeing her, seemed as though he thought of something, and his expression grew grave, not saying anything. But the crown prince beside King Yan, kept staring at Jiang Bilan. That day, she was calm and graceful, with her inserted in her hair. When she was leaving, it seemed as though there was a chime gracing her steps, as though it was the spring breeze of dawn.

Jiang Sanyi, what type of a calculating old fox was he, managed to immediately discover the crown prince's gaze. To smiled slightly, but didn't bother pointing it out. Murong Ruo and Murong Yan's ages were close, and when they were young, Jiang Bilan pretty much entered the palace daily, and accompanied princess Murong Shu. When she had fallen off her horse, the two brothers hastily chased after her, and finally Murong Yan flew over with his body, and Jiang Bilan coincidentally fell into his embrace.

Actually, what is love, Jiang Bilan had in countless restless nights recalled that day's scenery. Perhaps love, was nothing more than something that occurred in an instant, when one would suddenly want to be with someone forever.

Jiang Bilan kept on being distracted. For although her father and mother kept on being against her marriage arrangement with Murong Yan, she knew this. But she loved him, and should she really just not marry him just because he had fallen from grace?

Perhaps it was because Murong Ruo was too mesmerized in his stares, that Jiang Bilan finally also discovered something was strange. She glanced over at the crown prince's seat, and their gazes crossed, causing her to immediately blush, and look away from his gaze. Murong Ruo's heartbeat became unsteady, and not long later, he received a message passed to him by a eunuch. He found a place devoid of people, opening it, and saw that there was a small scroll of little letters written upon it. Someone had invited him to meet in Nong Hua Hall.

He was slightly startled, as that letter had a light fragrance wafting from it, and it was obvious that the words and the letters both came from a woman's hand. And once he lifted his gaze, he saw that Jiang Bilan's seat had unwittingly become empty.

He grasped that letter, his heart beating rapidly-- could it be, it was that beauty's invitation?

He used an excuse of leaving the palace, to leave the feast, and went to Nong Hua hall. Nong Hua hall was in a reclusive area, and was the place King Yan usually kept his high officials overnight. When Wenqi entered the palace, most of the time he would live in Nong Hua hall. It was obvious that unless an official was staying for the night, it would pretty much be an empty hall.