Chapter 30

Deposed Empress General 30- Surrounded

After a single meal, Zuo Canglang left, calling for Xu Lang, the two of them gathered troops for Hui Ye garden. Hui Ye garden was coincidentally in a line with White Wolf lake, and the terrain was extremely complex. Xu Lang said, "Hui Ye garden has a lot of quicksand, so when we bring troops towards there, there is a lot of risk, ah."

Zuo Canglang said, "His second highness didn't have much support within court, and currently, the people of Jinyang are still unacquainted with him. The only thing they know, is that the crown prince had taken miss Jiang by force. He needs to do a few events that quickly improves the peoples' morale, to establish his popularity amongst the people. Don't think that since we have taken Jinyang city now, as that is just a joke. Once Marshal Wen sends troops, or if his majesty gathers his old troops, we will be trapped in the middle, and in that situation it will truly be the situation where the heavens will give no route to traverse, and the earth will close its doors to us."

Xu Lang said, "I also know this, but Ah Zuo, do you think...... his second highness really has a chance of victory?"

Zuo Canglang turned back, and beneath the brazier light by Jinyang city's gate, her two eyes were deep, and a long time later, said, "He has."

Xu Lang was startled.

The two gathered troops throughout the night, and immediately made a b-line for Yi river, and followed White Wolf lake's flow, and after passing Yi river, they reformed the troops, and before ten days had passed, they had already arrived on the eastern side of White Wolf lake. And at this time, Wenqi's vanguard had just arrived before Jinyang city.

Jinyang city was devoid of soldiers or generals within, and was practically an empty city.

Murong Yan stood atop the city wall, and looked at the several tens of thousands of troops beneath the city wall. Zhou Xin quickly yelled out, saying, "Your highness, it's better if you go down, as once battle begins, we have no chance of victory, ah!"

Murong Yan said, "Even so, whether I stand at the head of the gate or at the bottom before the gate, what difference does it make?"

Zhou Xin said, "Counting it now, it has been ten days since miss Ah Zuo and Xu Lang's brought soldiers to ambush Hui Ye garden, so how come there hasn't been any news."

Murong Yan smiled, saying, "Zhou Xin, how long can you hold Jinyang city?"

Zhou Xin's face turned serious, and looking within and outside the city, said, "Your highness, this subject since little had followed Jieyu Rong, and although her ladyship has gone for many years, but her great grace and great virtue, this subject will never forget his entire lifetime. Currently, Jinyang city is in a perilous situation, but as long as this subject still has a single breath left, this subject will definitely not let Wenqi's troops take a single step inside."

Murong Yan said, "Hold it for a single day, can you?"

Zhou Xin's face was a little bit strange, and he quickly knelt, saying, "Jinyang city has high and thick walls, so this subject has confidence in holding it for three days."

Murong Yan nodded, lightly saying, "That is enough."

Jinyang city was being attacked, and news of it spread to Yi river's side. Xu Lang quickly ordered the troops, "Immediately lock down the news, and if it is spread even partially, and messes up our troops morale, kill!"

The messenger soldier knelt down, and Zuo Canglang received the battle report, but actually before all of the soldiers, read it word for word. Xu Lang was extremely startled, "Military advisor?"