Chapter 25

Deposed Empress General 25- Good Teacher

Yan Palace. Wenqi was playing chess with King Yan, Murong Yuan, when Murong Yuan said, "Currently Western Jing, Gu Zhu, and Tu He are all busy fighting wars, and actually my Great Yan has managed to exchange it for this peaceful time. With this one act, beloved subject has performed considerable merit."

Wenqi's eyes drooped, saying, "Your majesty, the matter that this subject has mentioned to your majesty......"

Murong Yuan frowned, finally saying, "The Zuo Canglang you have mentioned, I have seen her to still be too young, so just keep her by your side so that she has a few more years of practice."

Wenqi said, "Your majesty, this subject has guarded the border for many years, and my thought processes have always been on defense and guarding our territories, but currently, the military needs some fresh blood. This person......" Before he finished speaking, Murong Yuan had started speaking, "What you mean, it's not that I don't understand, but she is after all a woman, and in two years, she will ultimately need to marry someone. My Great Yan hasn't fallen to the state where it needs women to enter the battlefield. As I see it, that Xu Lang is not bad."

Wenqi sighed inwardly, knowing that this wasn't the time to bicker. Murong Yuan said, "Okay, I'm already this old, and currently the other states don't have an intention to encroach on my Great Yan again, so regarding these matters, just leave it to the crown prince and the others to worry over."

Wenqi understood that he could no longer say anything even if he wanted to. This king Yan was the same as he was, advanced in age, and within his heart, he only wants to defend the cities they have, and maintain the current peace. The tiredness of their age had crept up on them, and their youth had already ended.

After he left the palace, he immediately entered the camp, but did not see Zuo Canglang. Looking about the dormitory, he asked about, and discovered that she had not returned at all the previous night. It was until really late, that Zuo Canglang returned from outside; Wenqi asked, "Where did you go last night? Based on my knowledge, you don't have any relatives in Jinyang."

Zuo Canglang didn't deceive him, but directly said, "It has been a long time since I saw his second highness, so I went forward to visit him." Wenqi was startled, saying, "His majesty and his highness the crown prince, towards you, have great expectations. Currently Great Yan is exactly lacking in those generals that can fight wars and go on campaigns, so your future is looking boundless. Some matters, it is better if you plan for all contingencies in the future."

How could Zuo Canglang not understood what the meaning was hidden in these words, but she didn't say anything. Wenqi continued, saying, "I have defended cities for many years, and my courage is no longer like all you young people, that great. The crown prince, within the military, does not have his right hand man. Even though his second highness is extremely talented, but between the future heir and his highness, there is ultimately still some difference. If in the future...... the heir ascends the throne, and you are greatly used, then those whom you want to protect, will also be safe and without worry."

Zuo Canglang was afraid to say more, as he had again mentioned his majesty and the crown prince. This time, he had practically said it bluntly, and she only said, "This subject is willing to listen to marshal Wen's orders. Whether it is to lead at the forefront, or to follow, there is no order I am unwilling to follow."

Wenqi wanted to say some more stuff, but he only opened his mouth, finally still not speaking more, but only sighing softly, "Let's return to our assignment." The group mounted to head towards the great military camp of the northwest, and Zuo Canglang followed behind Wenqi, side-by-side with Xu Lang and the others.